Okay, this result is a joke!

If you were in early stage of the game fair enough but considering you're in 2022 it's kind of hard for anyone on here to comment one way or the other. The Saudi team could well be full of 'super greys' or have a few quality regens, and Argentina could be crap.

Did you look at the goals they scored? Maybe the Argentina manager suffers from the 'Avram Grant Bug' and the Saudis had one up front?

You are playing in 2022, but still :O

How do you play FM i a window rather than in full-screen?

Preferences-Display and Sound-Untick Full Screen. If that dosen't work then you need to right click your FM shortcut and click Properties and then type (forgotten what you type here) in the Target box.

The future holds many mysteries - food in pill form, shoes made of bronze, Saudi Arabia winning the World Cup - I know what excites me the most

Sorry, what excites you doesn't excite me. I can't seem to swallow pills!:D

Republic of Ireland won the World Cup in one of my games, in the 2010s, Conor McCormack (recently-released Manchester United youngster in real life) and John O'Shea making it into the 2nd and 3rd best players in the world. They beat Brazil on penalties in the Final...

Republic of Ireland won the World Cup in one of my games, in the 2010s, Conor McCormack (recently-released Manchester United youngster in real life) and John O'Shea making it into the 2nd and 3rd best players in the world. They beat Brazil on penalties in the Final...

Now that is unrealistic. I mean, Ireland will probably never qualify for a tournament in my lifetime. Even the Irish with their, "Ireland are the best, you'll hammer you",(and lose 4-0) attitude have lost confidence in their national football, or "soccer" as they call it, team.

OP - Are you patched?

If I recall correctly, there was a bug with the original 8.0.0 in which international teams of real players didn't retain match fitness during the summer .. while teams of "grey players" (as Saudi Arabia are in your game) would always be match fit and 100% condition. That was fixed with 8.0.1, if I recall, but prior to that we were getting all sorts of posts about random countries winning the World Cup - especially Asian ones (Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Iraq were all popular for this.)

Download the latest patch. ;)

even if it's 2022 it shouldn't be possible but it's easy to know why it happens:

1- most regens are crap

2- AI rarely chooses regens and usually chooses grey players.

3- grey players are godly when compared to regens

4- weaker national teams have less real players and regens and have more grey players

5- from 3 and 4 you can see that weaker teams will get better players faster then good teams

6- this game fails :p

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:-

Now that is unrealistic. I mean, Ireland will probably never qualify for a tournament in my lifetime. Even the Irish with their, "Ireland are the best, you'll hammer you",(and lose 4-0) attitude have lost confidence in their national football, or "soccer" as they call it, team.

Any Irish people you've met in your lifetime with that attitude were either fairly drunk (which let's face it there's a strong chance of :D) or know sweet FA about football or are your average jingoistic chest beater (no different from their English/French/Spanish/Insert Nationality Here counterparts).

In any case Irish people using the term 'soccer' instead of football is FAR different to that of Americans or Australians for historical reasons so you need to educate yourself before you post in such a condescending manner.

"In 2015 Saudi Arabia discover large disposits of oil in their region and by 2022 they have a large network of world class stadiums, rich club owners and focus on helping youngster get the best coaching of football."

There, explained. Look at Russia, and think of where they can go

that's about as likely as France beating Brazil 3-nil in the world cup final, or Greece winning Euro.

wait, didn't that happen too!!

well done to them, i find some of the smaller nations put up a good fight later on in the game, my Italy side only won 2-1 against Andorra in qualifiers in my long running game a while back (compared to 12-nil 2 years before that!)

You're in 2022, perhaps if you gave us more information i.e. the level of player Saudi Arabia has produced over time, we could make a sounder judegment on whether it was realistic or unrealistic.

Of course it's unrealistic in relation to football in 2008, but who's to say that in 14 years time Saudi Arabia doesn't become a player in world football? 14 years is a long time and 14 years worth of Saudi millions pumped into training camps etc could well make this result realistic.

I remember playing Fifa95 and the Ivory Coast had a rating of 10%, that's not the case now and many tipped them for the latter stages of the world cup and to win the African Cup of Nations.

You're in 2022, perhaps if you gave us more information i.e. the level of player Saudi Arabia has produced over time, we could make a sounder judegment on whether it was realistic or unrealistic.

Of course it's unrealistic in relation to football in 2008, but who's to say that in 14 years time Saudi Arabia doesn't become a player in world football? 14 years is a long time and 14 years worth of Saudi millions pumped into training camps etc could well make this result realistic.

I remember playing Fifa95 and the Ivory Coast had a rating of 10%, that's not the case now and many tipped them for the latter stages of the world cup and to win the African Cup of Nations.

This is their rating over the past few years.

http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ratingia8.jpg

So they have been rated 23rd'ish in the world for the last 3 years, seems fair enough possibility of them making the final then considering England are something like 15th in the world atm and it wouldn't be considered a major shock for them to win something.

Any Irish people you've met in your lifetime with that attitude were either fairly drunk (which let's face it there's a strong chance of :D) or know sweet FA about football or are your average jingoistic chest beater (no different from their English/French/Spanish/Insert Nationality Here counterparts).

In any case Irish people using the term 'soccer' instead of football is FAR different to that of Americans or Australians for historical reasons so you need to educate yourself before you post in such a condescending manner.

Jesus, are you telling me everyone in my school is drunk all the time!!!

Ireland are around the same level as Scotland, and they nearly qualified into Euro 2008 despite being in arguably the hardest group. If Ireland had an easyish group, the could qualify.

As for teams becoming good, Croatia anyone? Before the WC they were no one.

Ireland are around the same level as Scotland, and they nearly qualified into Euro 2008 despite being in arguably the hardest group. If Ireland had an easyish group, the could qualify.

As for teams becoming good, Croatia anyone? Before the WC they were no one.

The Republic of Ireland had Slovakia, Wales, Cyprus and San Marino in their qualifying group along with lacklustre German and Czech Republic teams, I class that group as easy rather than easyish.

As for Croatia I thought they only became an independent nation in 1991 and by 1996 they were in the latter stages of an international competition.

They lost 5-2 to Cyprus! In 2022 on fm that might be considered a good reult, but now it's not! I'll also say Steve Finnan scored a 94th minute equaliser against them in Croke Park and don't forget that bollicks, Stephen Ireland, scoring that 92nd minute winner again San Marino!

Archived