Sporting Play Table

I've just reached the end of a season and as always I receive a news item telling me [insert country here] has gained an extra place in the UEFA Cup due to finishing top of the Sporting Play table. Then 19 other nations have acheived a place in the draw for two extra nations to gain an additional place in the UEFA Cup.

At current there is no way of viewing this table in-game, (unless it's blantantly obvious and I'm not seeing it).

How about adding this option into the game?

I would love it but like people have been saying, it's hard to actually intemplate the crowds aggression and so on... would be great.

Well, it simulates it at the moment with whatever factors it can use, so it would probably be better to show it using the factors it already judges it on. Basically, it's already there - just invisible.

OT, but at the end of my first season (07/08) Aston Villa got in via the Fair Play table - and at the same time were relegated! :eek::D

Yes, I've experienced that too - happened to Birmingham (can't remember which season).

OT, but at the end of my first season (07/08) Aston Villa got in via the Fair Play table - and at the same time were relegated! :eek::D

Didn't this happen Ipswich a few years back in reality. They got relegated from the Premiership but qualified for the UEFA Cup through the fair play league.

Didn't this happen Ipswich a few years back in reality. They got relegated from the Premiership but qualified for the UEFA Cup through the fair play league.

No, in their first season back in the top flight they qualified for the UEFA through their league placing. The next season saw them progress fairly well in the cup but they got relegated from the EPL. One view is that their UEFA campaign resulted in the players becoming jaded by the final run-in. That could be the reason that Steve Coppell didn't want to finish too high in the EPL in Reading's first season; ironic given their final position in their second season!

No, in their first season back in the top flight they qualified for the UEFA through their league placing. The next season saw them progress fairly well in the cup but they got relegated from the EPL. One view is that their UEFA campaign resulted in the players becoming jaded by the final run-in. That could be the reason that Steve Coppell didn't want to finish too high in the EPL in Reading's first season; ironic given their final position in their second season!

Yeah, but the season they got relegated they qualified for the UEFA Cup as well. They were in it two seasons in a row - first due to their 5th place finish and then through fair play.

Archived