More budget options

Hello all.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could swap money around more than in and out of transfer/wage budgets. I was thinking scouting and staff budgets would be a nice addition.

I hate when the board won't let me sign enough coaches to get my training going. Likewise when i can't send scouts wherever i want. I think both these are determined by the club's financial status (am I right). I currently got about half of my team's value allocated to the transfer budget. I'd be happy to put a whole lot of that money into scouting and training.

//Martin

Yeah it's a good idea. Also should playing and staff budgets have a budget each. I'm sure it's like this IRL, it would make it easier to control budgets as it would no restrict your amount of players compared to your coaching staff. For example if you had £40000 left in your wage budget for players then you would know that the max you can offer him is £40000. As the budgets currently are you do not know how much you have to offer him on wages, as you may also need staff. You sign staff throughout the year and at certain times in the year your budget is maxed, when you need to appoint a new coach.

To give an example of how irritating the current implementation can get...

I just got promoted to the Championship. For the first time I could now send my scouts down the continent. At this point I really believed it was the division I was now playing that made the difference. Very well, i scouted and scouted, found a few youngsters of potential and signed them. All of a sudden I couldn't scout continental Europe anymore. I quickly came to the conclusion that the money I had spent on new players affected my clubs value to drop below some kind of threshold.

This scenario must be pretty far from what can happen in real life footie management.

My suggestion is this. Make a scouting budget, much the same as the transfer/wage budget. Make every scouting trip cost money. If it costs X to send a scout to check out Germany, maybe you wouldn't do it. And you certainly wouldn't send an idiot of a scout to carry out the job. And if it costs another X to generate a second opinion from your assistant on that player your scout have found, maybe you wouldn't do that either. Gives you options. Scouting is among the things I enjoy the most in this game. Please give that part some coding love.

It's a no from me, I don't like the idea of another budget for me to keep an eye on. As far as i'm concerned the board are there to take care of finances so if they say there isn't enough money to go to mainland Europe then I can't send scouts there. I wouldn't want to search through costings of trips and balance the scouting books.

Another reason is that I think scouting in FM is crap so I wouldn't want another aspect added to it before it was fixed in general.

Why should it cost more for your assistant manager to take a second look at a potiential signing from a scout?

Thats not the way it happens in RL. Also even though scouting trips do cost, they rarely cost 500K etc. More likely just board and upkeep of the scout.

Like i said in another post, the Board do all of the financial stuff in RL so just thank SI for letting you have more interactivity in transfers without moaning for more fakeness

Archived