Fm 2007 or Fm 2008?

The best version is???  

96 members have voted

1. 1. The best version is???

• Fm 2007
    • Fm 2008

I feel as if FM 07 played better in terms of the match engine, but FM 08 has a bit more features. When it comes down to it though, I remember many times where I was impatiently waiting at work to come home to play FM 07 where as compared to FM 08, the desire is not as much.

07 is the far better game. A few good new features (namely coach reports on players, the new scouting system and budget adjustment) don't make up for the poorly implemented features (ME, confidence, skin, regens). 07's ME was far better, and although I sometimes long for the coach reports and budget adjustment, playing 08 full time isn't worth it.

07 just about scrapes it for me, although 08 has more features and is up to date, I got more involved in my save games when I played 07. I find myself starting new games far too often with this version, In fact, my longest career in 08 was only 6 or 7 seasons... As much as I'd love to get to the point of having an all-regen game.

07 for me, although I never played 08 with the last patch. However, with so many people saying board confidence still doesn't work properly and regens are generally awful after a few years, I'm sure I'd still prefer 07 anyway.

• 1 month later...

fm 2007, first because the players'r ratings do not get overrated in the game as opposed to the database (one-footed vs. two footed players) and because fm 2008 has terrible skin. Update really isn't worth it.

If I could get new database update on fm 2007 I'd be delighted.

1 month ago I'd have replied 2007, but now that I gave 2008 a good try and sorted out the database to fit my needs, I must say the facegen feature alone makes up for some of its (many) flaws.

So I must say it's a tie between the two. I enjoy both.

I found FM08 far less forgiving than 07, and finding it very hard going pretty much gave up on it. Then a few months back found a tactic that worked reasonably well without being a mass of arrows all over the shop and suddenly the game was a joy. So 08 for me.

Archived