FM08 - Gone in 20 Seconds - The Short Challenges Thread

Hi, welcome to The Official Short Challenges Thread I will be uploading short term challenges such half seasons to just 3 games for everyone to do to get points and see how they compare to everyone else in the SI Community

I will be uploading the first quite soon so get your name down to be in the table more info will follow in the first challenge such as rules and point system I hope you will enjoy it

thanks to the edit system I will be able to put the link on the first page

3 Game battle - Sunderland's Sticky Situation

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 Game battle - Sunderland's Sticky Situation

Download here - http://www.sendspace.com/file/oa7w96

The Plot

It's the 20th of April Sunderland find themself in deep water they are 19th and 2 points off safety with just 3 games left to keep there premership status they have a hard run in with games vs Reading, West Ham and the mighty Man United can you bring joy to the fans or go back down you DECIDE!!!!!

This challenge will find the true tactician of FM you have a very short time to prove it can you do the almost impossible

Rules only for this Challenge

Must have 1 attempted only

I think posting a update after every game would be suitable for this challenge

Point system

30 - Stay Up and win all games

20 - Stay up and win 2 games

15 - Stay Up

Bonus points

50 - Win Man United by 5 goals

30 - Win Man United by 2 goals

Sunderland vs Reading

A very good start Higginbotham set the ball rolling with a headed goal in the 8th min 1-0 at half time

Kenwyne Jones then scores in the 67th min

Shane long sets up a last mins panic with a goal in the 83rd min but then in the last min Ross seals the game with a goal

so 3-1 in my first game i'm 18th and still 2 points behind

West Ham vs Sunderland

Kenwyne Jones scores in the 24th min and I think I have a chance but just 10 min later Ashton scores to bring the team level again but just before half time Kenwyne Jones nets another so 2-1 half time

2nd half is looking good harly any chances for them but then 70 min and Bellamy scores 2-2 the goal did look offside could this make me go down ?

I now need something vs Man U but not just something I need a win :O Bolton are 2 points ahead and so are newcastle but they have a game in hand as well not looking good

Man United vs Sunderland

Just before the game Craig Gordon rallies the troops and calls on the players like ther lifes depended on it and sure they did

A very good start and within 7 min we were winning Ross scores a peach of a goal 25mins come up and Kenwyne Jones get injured and has to go off I main striker since I been to the club has go off so on comes Prica

31th min and Hubschman score and makes it 2-0 I can't belive we still had time to get 5 :D

not much happen rest of the game but Man United began to get a foot hold but it was too late final score 2-0 but I still need to relay on other results

Here is the match

Match.jpg

here is the table

Table-1.jpg

Seems a good idea! How regularly do you think you'll be posting new challenges to this thread?

Anyway here is my shot at keeping Scumderland up...

Firstly i selected what would be my best starting eleven and tried to stick to that with my favoured diamond midfield formation.

The first game ran as clockwork, we won 2-0 goals coming from Jones and Prica. With that win it lifted us out of the relegation zone to 17th. Goal difference putting us above Fulham and three points behind Newcastle in 16th. Win v Reading

Then came West Ham lying 8th. We lost 2-1. Our consolation goal coming from the centre half Nunes. With Fulham drawing with Newcastle that left us one point behind the Cottagers and one above 19th placed Wigan. We had it all to do versus Man Utd and we needed that Fulham loss to Portsmouth. Loss v West Ham

We went to Old Trafford with a full squad but morale was rubbish. I told the players to do it for the fans, we only needed the draw as long as Fulham lost, as our -14 goal difference was superior to their -15. Fulham did lose, we did draw. We were saved. Ahem i mean Sunderland were saved. Yer Right.

We lost 3-0 to Man Utd even though Fulham did draw. Inevitable loss v Man Utd

Final League Table

No points gained in this challenge but hopefully i can gain some in the next challenge.

Kedah FA - Malaysia Super League - Make History

Download here:- http://www.sendspace.com/file/2bcv39

Since its inception in 2004, the Malaysia Super League title has seen four different teams become champions. Kedah FA becomes the first club that won the Malaysia Super League title back-to-back, in 2006-07 season and in 2007-08 season.they also won the FA Cup in the 07-08 can you Match this you start in the 2007-2008 season can you become the first team to win the title back-to-back and the FA Cup

Marlon James has been top goal scorer in Malaysia Super League in the 07-08 season he scored 23 goals can you better this with one of your strikers

Kedah are 4th after 12 game with 12 games left you need to get them 1st to win the league

they are also in the 3rd round of the FA Cup can you win it?

Bonus points will also be give if you win the Conf Cup and better them by winning the treble

Rules only for this Challenge

Must have 1 attempted only

End of season update all thats need but feel free to post as much as you want

Point system

80 - Win Both the League and FA Cup

40 - Win The League

30 - Win FA Cup

20 - One of you strikers scores more than 23 goals in the league

Bonus points

100 - Win Treble

30 - Win Conf Cup

Marlon James has been top goal scorer in Malaysia Super League in the 07-08 season he scored 23 goals can you better this with one of your strikers?[/Quote]

What do you mean by this? Marlon James started on 22 goals? Does another striker in the team have to score more than 22 goals to achieve this goal?

What do you mean by this? Marlon James started on 22 goals? Does another striker in the team have to score more than 22 goals to achieve this goal?

23 goals in the league not overall he did it in real life he on 9 I think at the start so it will be hard to beat

Right ok thanks for clearing that up.

April

2 Signings made, Zainal (RB) and Alias (LB) for a combined 75k.

Conf Cup Grp F

v Commerce & Trade D2-2 (Saramsak, Shaari)

v South China W3-1 (Zambri 2, OG)

Sit 2nd in the Group now on GD behind South China.

League

v Penang W3-2 (Huggins, James 2)

v Perak D0-0

Sit Top of the Super League on GD with 1 game in hand on 2nd place.

Cup

v N. Sembilan W3-2 (Shaari, Johari, Saramsak)

2nd Leg of the 3rd round to come.

2-0 up against West Ham and absolutley flying. Then I think a bomb went off and all my players went into hiding. We ended up losing 3-2. Luckily Fulham lost as well so its all going down to the last game and yippee we've got Man Utd :(

Archived