Your Game (quick results and screenies)

As a 'side-thread' to the stories section of this forum, i have started this for people to post their results and screenshots as they plod thorugh their respective seasons on the game.

This is not about writing creative stories (which are a great read in their own right), but more about letting people see at a glance a list of results and screenshots of your games.

Look forward to plenty of good reads.

I think I've seen threads of this nature closed in the past, though I could be wrong. Hope I am because I would actually find it quite interesting.

If this is still open when I get home from work, can I post without screenies? I just don't have the patience for them.

I will kick this off:

Roma in the 6th season of the World Super League Database:

Community Shield:

Chelsea 1-3 Roma

Fernandez x 3

We win this tophy for the 3rd consecutive season with a comfortable win against a very good Chelsea side, a good start to the season. Fernandez was fantastic in the AML role.

League Match:

Inter 3-5 Roma

Fernandez

Tevez x 2

Fazio

Own Goal

An exilerating game in the league match of the new season. We take the lead 3 times, only to be pegged back to 3-3 at half time. An inspired team talk at half time sent the boys out all guns blazing and we blow Inter away in an 8 goal thriller.

League Match:

Chelsea 0-0 Roma

A far more low-key game this one, and a drab 0-0 draw is a fair result.

I think I've seen threads of this nature closed in the past, though I could be wrong. Hope I am because I would actually find it quite interesting.

If this is still open when I get home from work, can I post without screenies? I just don't have the patience for them.

Yeah, go for it matey, would like to see some results from your game. :thup:

I dont see any reason that it should be closed, as it is unique from the 'stories' thread and offers something new to the forum in my opinion. :)

I'm the same as Mike7077, hope it doesn't get closed (maybe moved) because I find this stuff interesting as well. Hunnybunnio, might be going into too much detail though, giving that much detail on each match is just a story and should be in the stories thread, a ficture/result screenie would suffice.

I'm the same as Mike7077, hope it doesn't get closed (maybe moved) because I find this stuff interesting as well. Hunnybunnio, might be going into too much detail though, giving that much detail on each match is just a story and should be in the stories thread, a ficture/result screenie would suffice.

Nomis, thanks for your comments mate.

I only gave a brief summary of my matches to just get the thread going, in future i will just be posting results, as you suggest.

I will however continue to post in the format i have been using, as i think people will be interested to know your clubs scorers in each game, which obviously a results/fixtures list wont give. But, each to their own. :thup:

Mike7077, there's one on CM Frenzy, there's a European superleague as well, basically all the top teams in the world spread out through a league system with 4 tiers (IIRC), not sure how it affects continental competition though.

Mike7077, there's one on CM Frenzy, there's a European superleague as well, basically all the top teams in the world spread out through a league system with 4 tiers (IIRC), not sure how it affects continental competition though.

Exactly as Nomis suggests.

European competitions are slightly random, the teams that are removed from the English leagues to be replaced with the Super League teams seem to be spread out randomly across the world, for example Derby could be playing in La Liga, and obviously if they win it they would qualify for the Champions League the following season. So the Champs League and Euro Cup doesn't really get very challenging until the knockout rounds because often the group games are played against team like Sheffield United, Staeau Bucharest etc.

Hope that makes sense. :thup:

Hey! Don't start sending people to the FM Stories forum with a post like that!! :eek: It may be more detail than is required here, but it sure ain't a story!

there is a career thread in the challenges forum for this

True, i did look at that, and that thread is more of a quick summary (usually every season) of peoples games. The objective here is to get a bit more in depth than that, and give more results throughout people's seasons, with screenies. The career thread just seems to summarise how peoples seasons went once they reach the end, without many screenies.

The career thread just seems to summarise how peoples seasons went once they reach the end, without many screenies.

Thats not true. The career thread is basically the exact same as this thread. I can see this thread getting closed, as it could belong in

1. FM Stories.

2. The Career Thread

3. Good player and Team Guide.

and is hardly relevant to General Discussion.

Thats not true. The career thread is basically the exact same as this thread. I can see this thread getting closed, as it could belong in

1. FM Stories.

2. The Career Thread

3. Good player and Team Guide.

and is hardly relevant to General Discussion.

I completely disagree. I think the feedback that has been given since this thread has been open reflect that people would see this as a useful and interesting read. :thup:

Hunnybunio - which game are you playing????

the result against chelseais good in cup but how can it be the community sheild?, again thriller of a match against inter in the league, but suddenly i realise that chelsea 0-0 in the next "league" match can't happen, as roma are italian and chelsea english, just wondering???

Or are you playing on superleague databse?

Community Shield:

Chelsea 1-3 Roma

Fernandez x 3

We win this tophy for the 3rd consecutive season with a comfortable win against a very good Chelsea side, a good start to the season. Fernandez was fantastic in the AML role.

League Match:

Inter 3-5 Roma

Fernandez

Tevez x 2

Fazio

Own Goal

An exilerating game in the league match of the new season. We take the lead 3 times, only to be pegged back to 3-3 at half time. An inspired team talk at half time sent the boys out all guns blazing and we blow Inter away in an 8 goal thriller.

League Match:

Chelsea 0-0 Roma

A far more low-key game this one, and a drab 0-0 draw is a fair result.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah it's the superlaegue database mate, is good fun actually and a great challenge. You ought to give it a go. :thup:

Thanks for the support by the way lads, in trying to avert people from encouraging this thread to be closed. I think it is useful and i hope many of you do too. :)

I completely disagree. I think the feedback that has been given since this thread has been open reflect that people would see this as a useful and interesting read. :thup:

About 5 people have replied. 1 of them have been against the thread, not including myself. Thats hardly a following. This would be an interesting read, I've not denied that, but its already a thread in Challenges forum, where its already an interesting read.

Yeah it's the superlaegue database mate, is good fun actually and a great challenge. You ought to give it a go. :thup:

Thanks for the support by the way lads, in trying to avert people from encouraging this thread to be closed. I think it is useful and i hope many of you do too. :)

I'm not encouraging it to be closed, as thats not my job, but it doesn't belong in this forum.

One person mentioned its a "General Discussion", which in theory it is, but then so is everything else in the CSE, T&TT anf FM Stories forum. You cant have it all ways, and if I know these boards like I think I do, this thread WILL be closed before long, and its not because I'm "encouraging" it, but simply because its in the wrong place.

If there's a thread like this in the Challenges forum, won't that be slanted towards providing evidence of efforts to complete challenges? Surely this is one is more general and open-ended than that.

The Career Thread

This is a completely free for all career thread, designed for discussing your careers.
The Aim/Rules

Simple really, just play the game as if it was your real life career. It is completely up to you how you play, just start the game as a real life manager would.

Feel free to update as frequently as you feel like

This thread has nothing to do with the actual Challenges. It is an exact duplicate of this thread, where people are encouraged to note how their season in going.

This thread, is not needed here.

In the light of that, I guess this thread does seem pretty much redundant. Ironically, it seems the only thing keeping it going anymore is the debate about whether it's needed!

True, which is a shame, as i thought people might post in here. I tried to energize is by putting my results in here, but not many others have bothered. :mad:

crapma8.jpg

didn't see that coming when season started.

in january spent ~£14M on 8 new players, got out of trouble, almost :D

crap2ft2.jpg

In the end premiership was too strong for my poor team. championship football here we come.

I was planning on posting here myself, but I'm struggling to decide how best to go about it with my two and a half seasons. Plus, NepentheZ has kinda peed all over hunnybunio's proverbial bonfire!

Archived