Attending Matches

Nope, I attended Man Utd games as Bayern Munich manager, it came up with a message saying I was a loyal Man Utd fan and tried to see them play when I was free.

How odd. I wonder why I couldn't go to that one then????

Very strange, try it with another game. The reason it's really strange is that the game doesn't even seem to recognise when you're playing a game in the same day (it does recognise if you're playing at the same time) I managed to view a game in England at 3pm despite playing in Germany at 7pm.

Very strange, try it with another game. The reason it's really strange is that the game doesn't even seem to recognise when you're playing a game in the same day (it does recognise if you're playing at the same time) I managed to view a game in England at 3pm despite playing in Germany at 7pm.

Really?? Will give this a try.

I thought it was pretty clever the way it told you other managers were at your games. I did always check and make sure they didn't have a game at the same time when I first got the game.

i have a question about AI managers attending matches. if a.e. Benitez shows interest in Guilherme, he attends my game, could his interest increase/decrease if Guilherme plays good/bad as in RL? Or is Benitez in the stands just a sign that he's still interested?

i have a question about AI managers attending matches. if a.e. Benitez shows interest in Guilherme, he attends my game, could his interest increase/decrease if Guilherme plays good/bad as in RL? Or is Benitez in the stands just a sign that he's still interested?

I'm not sure it makes any real difference. Just a nice touch I think.

Personally I think it's a cosmetic feature.

Attending matches is usually cosmetic, but as you say it's a nice feature and always nice to see your name mentioned as being a fan of the club or watching a player. Some people do gain information from watching matches, but for me it's too much like hard work and I don't have the patience to actually sit and analyse the other teams, unless my team is involved.

Attending matches is usually cosmetic, but as you say it's a nice feature and always nice to see your name mentioned as being a fan of the club or watching a player. Some people do gain information from watching matches, but for me it's too much like hard work and I don't have the patience to actually sit and analyse the other teams, unless my team is involved.

I do go and watch rivals every now and then just to see if I can spot a chink in the armour.

Never have mind.

Nope, you can't leave early. I wish you could - especially if the player I'm there to see gets sent off or injured in the first half! The best you can do is crank up the speed and set it on "Commentary Only" | "No replays"

. . .

For the O.P., the game won't let you watch a game that isn't going to be simulated in full detail. It also won't let you watch a game if a team that you are managing has a match on the same day.

You should be able to leave early.

Other managers watching players should be able to leave early too. Would be a nice news item.

xxxxxxx was in attendnace watching xxxxxxxx. He left on xx mins. If he stops the full game the chances of them making an offer should be greater.

One of the most annoying things about this for me is if i go to watch my youth or reserve teams playing. often, on the news, it says that the press were stumped at my appearance when there were no players that i was interested in playing!

Attending matches as an International manager is kind of silly in that, unless I have missed something, you can only attend one per week (well, in terms of when you get told about the matches - I guess you can go search them out yourself and click to attend them).

I'm managing Hibernian and Slovenia (two different managers) in the same save and my Slovenia manager goes to watch all the Hibs games (well I'm seeing them anyway with my other manager so might as well - I really have no interest in just watching 1 blob running around a pitch just because he is in my national squad so I never attend any other matches). Every single match the commentary says that I am there - you'd think they'd just take it as read now and not bother reporting it.

As Whitley Bay manager I attended Levski Sofia vs Fiorentina...and was pleasantly surprised that it had at least been implemented sensibly enough that my attendance was not mentioned in the commentary! Noting the attendance of a total nobody of a manager at a UEFA cup game would be ridiculous

Would be a nice touch that, if they had a game or bad game then the interested manager may or may not make a bid. That way you could put his tackling on hard and hope he damages someone's cruciates' and has an early shower. Then he sure as hell wont make a bid for your star player.

Archived