Software the reveals cheating

On the norwegan website www.fmnorge.com I have read about a software that can tell how many times a save-games has been reloaded, how many managers have been created in the save-game and whether there has been made changes through an editor. The norwegian says that he has received the program from SI and he's using it to check if people are cheating in a big challenge/competition they are playing.

Can anybody fra SI tell me if such a program really exists?

What use would this program be to SI?

None. I just doubt that it exists and that it's a made-up story to prevent people from cheating in this competition Im talking about.

In the competition, players are sending in their savegames to the competition-responsible, who then checks for cheaters, so he says.

What use would this program be to SI?

Well if someone screams bug and places a save game in the bugs forum, I suppose SI could use it to test if it's a real bug or someone being an idiot, or someone who has affected their game by editing it. And before you say "what sort of saddo would do that", i've seen people post fake screenshots on here and swear they are real.

To tell how many managers it simple since it should be in the history of whatever you did with them anyway. For the editor you probably can't directly tell one has been used but it could look for unusual data changes in your game, for example a player suddenly becoming much better much faster than by normal methods.

Archived