Recommend me a team to be!

Well its that time of year again where my enjoyment for playing fm08 is begining to dwindle :thdn: as i look forward to the announcments about fm09 in the near future. Problem is a cant wait another 3 months without playing it so i need something to tick over until then

Any recommendations are welcome but ive currently got a 2 player league with Fluminense on the go so stay away from Brazilian leagues. Also ive already done leagues with Man Utd, Sevilla, Fiorentina, PSG, AC Milan and Leverkusen so none of them please! If you can, leave a reason why i should be the team your recommending!!

Football Manager 2008 - 5 year team development plan

This development plan is intended to be used for teams in the top division of well established leagues in Football Manager 2008. The plan has been made to keep players interested in their FM career by having 20 tasks which must be completed with in the 5 year plan. The plan becomes easier or harder depending on which team you intend to use it with. Clubs which are predicted to finish just above mid-table usually make this plan more feasible. However this can be used with any team within the top division. Give it a try!

Team:

Division:

Contract Start:

BLACK = IN PROGRESS

BLUE = COMPLETED*

GREEN = COMPLETED AT PRESENT

RED = NOT COMPLETED (By end of 5 year plan)

1. Win domestic league title

2. Win top applicable continental competition

3. Win domestic cup(s)

4. Earn contract until end of 5th season min.

5. 3 merchendising feeder clubs

6. 3 first option feeder clubs

7. 3 loan feeder clubs

8. 7-star senior & youth training ratings in all areas

9. 10 scouts min. 15 JPA & JPP

10. 2 physios min. 15 Physiotherapy

11. Assistant manager** min. 15 JPA & JPP

12. Within top 10 richest clubs

13. State of the art youth facilities + youth academy

14. Top training facilities

15. Successful stadium expansion

16. Sign two 4-star min. potential (assistant rated**) under 20 players season 1

17. Sign two 4-star min. potential (assistant rated**) under 20 players season 2

18. Sign two 4-star min. potential (assistant rated**) under 20 players season 3

19. Sign two 4-star min. potential (assistant rated**) under 20 players season 4

20. Sign two 4-star min. potential (assistant rated**) under 20 players season 5

*Tasks are completed if they are still current by the end of the plan. When a task is completed use an image server such as www.imageshack.us to upload a proof screenshot. Hyperlink the task to the screenshot, it should then turn blue and underlined. NOTE: Ensure screenshots are saved into a folder on your computer for backups.

This is a plan I developed to keep me interested. Currently playing as PSV and it's great fun. No work permit issues so signing youngsters is a doddle. Funds aint to shabby if you play your cards right and an average squad to tinker with.

Bournemouth

1-2 'decent' players. No money, no money for wages, Start off at -10 points. Little backroom staff. No one wants to come to you. No one wants to stay with you.

Plus points - it's a real challenge, plus Bournemouth is lovely this time of year! :)

A real man would DEMAND to take this challenge! ;)

Jimboola that is a good challenge!

My recommendation to you pedro is a team in the Conference North or South in England. Very small wage budget, no money to spend and it's hard to get players, that is a challenge to keep you interested...

Or start a new career and start unemployed :)

Try managing in a league you've never heard of or thought of trying before, that works for some of us. Or even better, try lower league management. It's tough, but very satisfying once you reach success of any kind. This always sparks up a new interest in FM for me since I am finding my self losing interest in FM on and off on a regular basis.

St. Albans City!

Blue Square South football! The ultimate challenge for any manager... ahem...

Saints are crap on FM08 (as they were for most of last season) so you'll need a decent rebuild. Due to lack of funds you'll need to undertake this rebuild with free transfers and youth. The team are expected to achieve more than the players on the game are actually capable of, so you'll have your work cut out.

Good luck!

Cheers for all the reply's lads, keep them coming!!!!! I think so far i'm leaning towards chaddy 101s 5 year development plan but im still undecided. Will come back on here at about 10pm to check and set up my new league and let you no!

Go for FC Bayern and try and create an entirely German first team/squad like me, then try to win the CL. It's easy to get German players because of your reputation, but it's difficult to get the best German players good enough to win the CL.

Arsenal! A team with a great academy AND great finances AND a great squad to start with that you can keep intact for a long time.

Perfect for anyone looking to build up a team as a long term project.

Going to be Shakhtar and try to incorperate the 5 year development plan which seems a challenge in a low rep league. Not the greatest fan of LLM and its about time i spent some cash, im sick of having a fair bit and still looking for bargains!

Going to be Shakhtar and try to incorperate the 5 year development plan which seems a challenge in a low rep league. Not the greatest fan of LLM and its about time i spent some cash, im sick of having a fair bit and still looking for bargains!

Great stuff! Keep us posted!

Managing in the lower leagues is some of the best fun you could ever have! You're missing out! ;)

Hope you enjoy your game anyway!

C.

Archived