Fm2009

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or anything, but as there is the pending release of Football Manager Live (and what seems to have most of SI's efforts currently), I was just wondering if there was a Football Manager 2009 scheduled for release (late oct I would imagine?)

Thanks,

Nick

• SI Staff

We're working on another Football Manager game but I'm afraid we won't be talking much about it or revealing any details until later in the Summer like Chris Ritchie has already pointed out

i tried to start a new game of '08, but just didn't have the will for it. it happens every time a new season starts to gear up in real life - i just can't be bothered playing the old FM anymore. now it's just a waiting game - coming here hoping for some news of '09 and counting down till Oct/Nov when i can actually get back into management.

oh well, at least i have some other games, that have been rather neglected at times over the past few months, to tide me over till then!

but yeah, bye-bye FM08...

I like every one else cant wait for FM09, but unlike most players who come to these forums, im still playing and enjoying FM08 and will carry on doing so until the demo is released for FM09.

so do i :D but waiting for fm09 of course :)

Hello, i'm French sorry for my english

I like fan de Fm. In France we are worried about not having information on Football Manager that has FMLive or FM2009

There are rumors that short sigames what does not développerais games. But fortunately I just see on your forum that actually playing and developing.

We are préssé to have news on FM2009 fans because the games have questions. I just asked a question j'éspere that it is possible an answer but I do not count. why an announcement so late for the next football manager?

Thx and i love fm and sorry for english

RiDeR288, toutes anneés, SI libére les détails à la fois. Il s'arrête rivaux pincement de nouvelles idées, je pense. Ma français est mauvaise, j'espere vous comprendez, mais si vous aimez, il ya un forum français pour Discussions générales sure Football Manager 2008 ici, mais c'est assez déserté.

Merci thx pour votre effort de parler Francais, mais vous pouvez parler Anglais sa ne me dérange pas ;)

Thank you for having made the effort to speak French, but do not force them to speak English and I understand;)

I have not understood your 1st sentence but is not serious.

In fact I ask "how it is that football Manager be announced as late as last year we had an announcement on July 17, 2007 for FM2008;)

Thx

In fact I ask "how it is that football Manager be announced as late as last year we had an announcement on July 17, 2007 for FM2008;)

I forget when information was released here last year. But normally the information is released at the same time each year.

Really makes me want to go out and learn new languages

You really should. It's great for the mind and it means you can do stuff like my earlier post ;).

I personally I'm eager to learn about news of Fm09, but I'm keeping my expectations in low, so that Fm09 doesn't disappoint me as FM08. I'm currently playing on FM07.

I personally blame FM Live for buggy version of FM08 and I do hope that it doesn't affect fm09 altogether, but of course I can be wrong. Despite seeing that more and more there is live playing games out there, i don't the patience or the time to play such games. I just want a consistent game, with some new and workable features and correct the features of FM08, specially board confidence and Transfers.

Ter can we have at least have some little taste about what will be the skin of FM09 or say some sort of one or two new features, like reveal the game bit by bit. I personally I'm eager to see FM09 since March. I hope that FM09 will be by far the best game of FM series.

I personally blame FM Live for buggy version of FM08 and I do hope that it doesn't affect fm09 altogether, but of course I can be wrong. Despite seeing that more and more there is live playing games out there, i don't the patience or the time to play such games. I just want a consistent game, with some new and workable features and correct the features of FM08, specially board confidence and Transfers.

I certainly don't. FM Live was in early production when FM07 was in production and FM08 has had two years of work, as has FM09, as will have FM10, ad nauseum. SI are responsible enough to hire enough staff to cover when they're working on a second major project like this, and as I said they're always working towards the future: not to one title but to two, three or even more.

They have separate teams for FM and FM Live.

Where did you learn this? Anyway, like somebody pointed out already, they released information about FM2008 in July of last year. Now it's "late summer" for previews of FM2009. I just hope that after juggling the two games both don't end up half baked.

A few screens and lists of new features for FM2009 will suffice but I'm guessing that since FM Live is still scheduled for a release this summer they don't want any news of FM2009 to steal it's thunder.

• SI Staff
Where did you learn this?

It's been posted on here many times. FM Live is being headed up by Oliver Collyer who hasn't worked on the FM series for a long time. Others working on FM Live have been recruited for that project and one moved from the Eastside Hockey Manager project when development on that stopped.

Ter can we have at least have some little taste about what will be the skin of FM09 or say some sort of one or two new features, like reveal the game bit by bit. I personally I'm eager to see FM09 since March. I hope that FM09 will be by far the best game of FM series.

I'm afraid not. All this sort of stuff is carefully planned by the marketing people and I value my life ;)

We're working on another Football Manager game but I'm afraid we won't be talking much about it or revealing any details until later in the Summer like Chris Ritchie has already pointed out

Late summer is February 2009 for me!!! haha Which will probably be around about the time the 2nd patch gets released making the game playable, so you are probably correct.

Cant see there being too many changes in the games features in 09, surely all that can be done to a manager game has been done?

I expect there will be something new, just wonder what, apart from the player/staff/team database of course.

One thing i hope to see is less questions from the media, gets a little annoying after a while.

• SI Staff
surely all that can be done to a manager game has been done?

Far from it. We've problems at the opposite end of the scale with too many good ideas kicking around.

My own personal feeling is that announcements for FM09 will be slightly later than usual because of the forum changes, I expect SI want most of that sorted for sure before forum activity increases drastically (as it always does around the announcement and release of the game).

As for there not being anything left to do, just read some threads on this forum, particularly the wishlist and it is quite clear that there is plenty to be getting on with. Football is continually evolving and technology is as well so there will always be new ideas for the game.

When about is the demo usually released ? is it a month or longer before the game ?? i personally can't wait :D

I think the game is usually completed around a month before the release date, so the demo should be around the same time as completion. So yes, a month before the release.

One year ago we had information about FM08. I was hoping that we would have got some information last friday or today, guess i was wrong. :(

27 July 2007 is the earliest featurelist for FM08 i can find, but because that one is a translation from English to Swedish i assume that the information was acctually made availible 25 or 26 July.

Hopefully it's not END of August we'll get information about FM09 but BEGINNING of August or why not END of July? :)

It can't be September as that would be more like early autumn than late summer. :) I doubt we would get anything by the end of this month. Its almost up. I just hope I'm wrong and they atleast show us the new skin or something. Just for us to look forward to (or complain) about. I just hope I'm proved wrong and we get something by friday.

They will release information when they are ready, and I am sure they will not be pestered by people moaning about having no information about the game into giving information. Just be patient, we all are Christmas and birthday's so why not the release of information on fm09.

Archived