Former Player Ass.Man?

Hey Im currently Luton Town (Dont ask, its just where my career game has taken me!) and my assistant manager is none other than Ruel Fox ! Just Wondering does anybody else have any former players as their Ass. mans in their games?

Oh! P.S

I also have Giggs,Mendieta and oojier and coaches (Im in 2010)

I'm the Alex Ferguson of the 2040s, with five of my ex-Milan players having passed through my assistant post into current Serie A manager positions. I won't stop until I have a monopoly.

That's brilliant! I'd love to get into that position. It's up there with getting a son and having a stadium named after you! :thup:

when i was milan maldini became a brilliant ass man as soon as he retired so i hired him....

one season later i noticed he wasnt saying my good hot prospects were any good any more (he initially had a high JP and JA). I looked at his stats and they had turned all mediocre (12's 10's etc) but his defense coaching had gone up from 17 to 20...

it was quite strange that he suddenly turned bad for a slight increase in his defense coaching.....

Not yet, but Frank Lampard's looking good. He's currently youth coach for my Chelski team in 2018 but has won the league two seasons on the bounce without losing a game. His stats are much better than they were when I took him on, so here's hoping he improves further.

However, Bernhard Peters is the best ass man i've found and is still doing a fine job (he's a youth coach at a German side at the beginning of the game, but check out his motivating, tactical knowledge etc). Why no one has poached him yet for their manager position I'll never know.

John Terry retired without taking up coaching despite wanting to, as did Joe Cole.

I'm the Alex Ferguson of the 2040s, with five of my ex-Milan players having passed through my assistant post into current Serie A manager positions. I won't stop until I have a monopoly.

have you ever noticed how the logic on this game works with SAF? As he gets older the board are not so keen to offer him a contract and his job often goes to one of his ex-player come mangers!!

I always try to appoint former players as Coaches. For example if I was managing Manchester United and Giggs retired I would appoint him as a Coach (if he decided to stay in football) and then to Assistant Manager. I feel as if it creates a link between the Coaches and the players, and that the players will admire and respect the Coaches.

Archived