After Playing A Game For a Long Time...

as everyone does i spend ages looking about trying to find the next best thing whether its a wonderkid or just a promising youngster. But at the moment after playing several seasons im struggling to find any! even manually looking at national teams "u19s" and youngerts at club level etc the same players are there just older and the other players filling up the team are "greyed out".

Not to mention the scouts are useless are finding young players advising me to buy crap when im LIVerpool, so i have to do it myself which takes me ages!! just to find ive spent an hour and found 2 possible players if that!!

Anyone else have this problem?, If so, how do you tackle it and is there something you see i am doing wrong!!

Thanks...

Small database + small number of active leagues = smaller number of newgens produced annually = more grey players.

Nothing you can do about it once you've started.

i am playing on a big database tho :S

you may have a point about the leagues but i still uploaded French,Spanish,Italian and English leagues

The scouts finding young players that are crap and advising Liverpool to sign them seems realistic enough :p

There's usually a decent amount of talent coming through as newgens, however it's well documented that they aren't quite as good as at the beginning of the game. I would suggest scouting all sorts of nations, because it's also been well documented that the nationality of top quality newgens is a bit strange at times. Saudi Arabia, Burkina Faso and Canada have all produced world players of the year on my game.

You might be aiming a bit too high as well, players with ok attributes will have the ability to improve into top class players if you train them properly so at 17 they might not oook the business, but that isn't to say they may eventually become brilliant.

Database size selected doesn't have a huge impact on the number of players (hence newgens).

Playable leagues does.

But you have enough leagues that this shouldn't be a major issue. If you've got the full leagues loaded then there should be plenty of newgens from those leagues.

It also depends on what you consider a good youngster. If you're just looking at attributes independent of the weaker foot rating then you will see a discrepancy between what your scout sees as a good player and what you consider a good player, especially if the pre weaker foot judgement method is instinctive for you based on playing the game for umpteen years.

You also need to be realistic about it. There's not going to be 20+ PA 180 newgens every year as otherwise the database will get unbalanced. Finding 2 or 3 'potential to be a leading Premiership player' newgens every year is decent going based on my experience, others may find differently.

EDIT: Or what Nomis07 said :D

The scouts finding young players that are crap and advising Liverpool to sign them seems realistic enough :p

There's usually a decent amount of talent coming through as newgens, however it's well documented that they aren't quite as good as at the beginning of the game. I would suggest scouting all sorts of nations, because it's also been well documented that the nationality of top quality newgens is a bit strange at times. Saudi Arabia, Burkina Faso and Canada have all produced world players of the year on my game.

You might be aiming a bit too high as well, players with ok attributes will have the ability to improve into top class players if you train them properly so at 17 they might not oook the business, but that isn't to say they may eventually become brilliant.

haha, ill agree with you there!

ok thanks for the reply,

ideally i dont want to start a new game and introduce more leagues coz im into my Liverpool campaign, ill give it ago

Player search is your friend.

Narrow it down to 3 or 4 must have attributes for the position you want (set at 15) and earch for interested players under 23, and a current wage somewhere below you'e willing and able to pay).

You then have a much smaller list to sift through and can probably find some players you'll want.

Kep scouting as much as possible, because you'll want to reveal attributes for as many players around the world as you can.

Archived