Finance Issues - Man Utd 2016

I have been playing a career game and am now at man utd. As I am sure you are all aware united have a huge loan payment wwhich is £5m a month until 2025.

This season however, after giving me 60 million when I started last season, they have only given me 6m transfer funds from a balance of 48 million. Last season the balance was 67 million and transfer funds of 60m. I also only spent 41m so I am a bit peed off that I only have 6m.

What I want to know is, are there any long term tips for making money? I have 2 merchandise feeder clubs, one in japan and one in USA, however when I go pre-season tour they do not seem to make much difference to my income. For the last season I have signed young prospects,with the hope of making big profit on them but none of them look like they are going to pull in a huge amount just yet.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make money, ie through merchandising feeder clubs or through other means. PS, I am not going to edit my game in any way because I don't want to tarnish my career game which I am enjoying so much.

Thanks

Buying low and selling high is the only way I know of other than winning everything. Unfortunately commercial feeder clubs will not have a noticeable impact because of the size of loan debt Man Utd have. Your best bet is to persist with the youngsters and sign out of favour players for low prices and sell them on after a season for a higher price. I managed to make a good bit of money by buying Gourcuff for £1m and selling for £11m, Ben Arfa on a free and sold for £21m, other than that there's not much you can actually do.

Considering your balance, I would expect the board to increase your transfer budget eventually though.

scout all euro u-19 and u21

sign all players with decent stats and play in u18/reserve orloan em out to affiliats, they get crazy rep from u21 internationals and man u status.

try buy em for 100-500k with no sell ons and sell em off 2-4 years later at age 22-23 for 1-5 mills with +30-50% sell of clouses.

its very long term and takes alot of time. but will give u 50 mill extra per seson after u have getting to know how to do it.

scout all euro u-19 and u21

sign all players with decent stats and play in u18/reserve orloan em out to affiliats, they get crazy rep from u21 internationals and man u status.

try buy em for 100-500k with no sell ons and sell em off 2-4 years later at age 22-23 for 1-5 mills with +30-50% sell of clouses.

its very long term and takes alot of time. but will give u 50 mill extra per seson after u have getting to know how to do it.

Yeah I have gone down this route, but the players are not going to leave for at least another year as they have all been loaned out. I will have to hope someone bids for my 31 year old Ronaldo ( even though he scored 30 goals hopefully real madrid will decide to bid a cool 70 million :)

Yeah I have gone down this route, but the players are not going to leave for at least another year as they have all been loaned out. I will have to hope someone bids for my 31 year old Ronaldo ( even though he scored 30 goals hopefully real madrid will decide to bid a cool 70 million :)

I sold Ronaldo at the age of 30 for £45mill so I doubt you will get £70mill but you could proberly get £40mill :).

tbh i rarely spend much a season anyway, i am a true wenger-follower, i rarely buy an established player unless the squad badly needs 1 in the first XI, other than that i like to promote players from the academy or buy under 19's

Give yourself a couple of seasons where you only bring in senior players on free transfers, or buying under 19s for less than £1m. Sell some fringe players, and play youngsters when required.

I play with Man Utd alot and the way I tend to make sure I don't get into a financial crisis is by selling players witht he month coming in over 12 or 24 months. You can sell players for twice as much as you could upfront and the money coming in each month helps keep the clubs finances balanced. Hope I helped :).

if you really get in trouble u can cheat by creating a new manager and putting them incharge of a rich team, then buy one of your teams worser players for tons of money the retire the manager you made when the transfer goes through

And where would the fun be in that?

My advice is obvious win everything possible take all competitions seriously and above all win the premier league. Also, buy anyone who looks like they might be good on contracts that are not to short so they leave and are not to long so they waste your budget if they turn out bad. Make sure you keep well under your wage budgets and be Arsenal like as in if they demand really high wages be prepared to lose them rather than pay over the odds. You will need to manage well until your debts are repaid when you will be able to compete with major clubs financially.

Man U. are an interesting challenge because the AI isn't very good at dealing with their financial constraints - you can inherit a club all but bereft of talent and crippled by the debt.

I hope you were wise with your 40M investment .. I would definitely be looking to make some canny sales, even in the "addition by subtraction" category. Show your player's salary *per annum* for a minute, and identify the ones that you are obviously paying far more than you're planning to use. Ditch 'em!

Other than that it sounds like you did what you needed to: aside from the 40m capital investment in players, you *turned a profit* of 14m last year. If you do that again this year, you should actually be in a very strong financial position.

I got lucky when there was a board takeover midway in my first season and a new chairman was promoted from within. This effectively wiped out the chairman loan while bringing the balance then from about 17?million pounds in debt to 5?million in the black.

I reckon that you can spend the initial 40million investment (I spent it on sergio aguero who has a hefty min fee release clause) and hope that the sudden massive debt prompts the game AI to arrange a board takeover. The takeover only happened after the board had already injected some cash into the club once.

In the other games that I tinker with (and I tinker alot), I've never tried spending almost all the 40million and I doubt it's a concidence that United did not have a board takeover in those games.

Well I have decided to string it out and not sign anyone. I have a good squad, albeit a lil bit old so I am not going to sign anyone further. I have spent around 6 million on 7 young players, so hopefully I can make some profit with them.

I have started well though, played 12 won 11 lost 1 so hopefully I will be proved right and reap the benefits over the next 2 seasons.

thanks for your responses

i sold saivet 3rd seson for 28 mill cash and ´+50% to portsmoth

i sold torje 10 mill over time +50%

i sold sburlea 11mill +50%

i sold wijnadum for a total of 24,5m

money in pounds , sold em all in july 2010

they had all 5-10 starts for first team in total and saivet was on loan to sampdoria 2 sesons.

total cost to bring players in :2,5m

wages payd during training to wonderkids 1 mill

sold em for : 74,5

total profit about 70 mill pounds over 3 sesons with 3 40-50% sell on cluses that will bring in another 20 mill at least within next 5 years

cheers

Archived