anger management

I havnt, but I do sometimes yell, but whisper yelling as half the time I dont want to walk people up.

"What the hell did you do that for, couldnt you see that pass"

"You piece of s***, you cant even F****** make that simple pass"

"Why did you shoot from there, ******************************"

or just "%$^#&^@*$#&^!!!!!" haha

Like night was insane, Champions League final, Rangers (me) against Milan, 1 nil down at half time, G.Rossi turned three of my defenders to slot it past the keeper. My defence is normally rock solid. My wingers couldnt do much and my strikers couldnt get past their fast defenders, so I change some tatics and ended up winning 2 - 1, a winger and fullback on both goals just doing a very deep cross to my tall striker who somehow got it past S.Frey. I was going crazy, so happy. Specially playing it on Full Match and being so tense for the 90mins.

no i haven't smashed up anything, just yelled as ryknow :) i remember champions league final too :) my valencia played against inter, in the 29th minute of extra-time villa rounded the keeper... was in front of empty net... and missed :D

I play while sitting on an exercise ball, a few months back I had a hissy fit, banged my fists on the computer desk and promptly fell off the exercise ball backwards, landing in a big tangled heap on the floor. Serves my self right for throwing the dummy out of the pram.

My wife regularly tells me off for having "little dots tourettes", but so far only the key board, computer desk and my pride have taken a bashing.

Did a lot of yelling and swearing last night as My Bayern Munich team lost to Lyon 3-0 in the champions league semi final 2nd leg and hence going ooy on agg 5-2. Considering we are top of the Bundesliga,we were crap and it improved my german.

Yep :(

My keeper had a howler one game, i blasted my laptop so hard it died... :( had to fiddle with the battery, and take it out and put it in a couple times, thank goodness it came back...thought I had lost all my records thanks to a moment of cockupness against the Toffees...now I just grit my teeth and yell...what the *uck are you doing, u *unt...???!!! :D :D....Yes, I need help

has anybody ever smashed something up during an fm game in total anger from losing

Back in my younger days I used to get soooooooo frustrated with the game. I'd slam my keyboard, mouse, cups whatever was close to me. Now though I just accept it. Its football, afterall, and these things happen sometimes :D

I usually play fm online against a mate, so un-luckily for my mate he gets my reactions when things dont go my way, we usually speak thru msn so shortly after a match he'll get some messages with some rather foul language included. Never smashed anything up tho.

Many times I find myself cursing out loud and my blood pressure rising due to results going against me in FM and yes, it is sad because it's just a game, but that's how real football managers react, isn't it? A job well done by FM. :)

Wonder if there have been any stress induced heart attacks brought on by the frustration of FM?

On occasion my wireless mouse is milliseconds away from flying accross the room, then I remember how much it cost and swear a lot instead.

I also really want a "Punch player in face" teamtalk option at half time and full time :p

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, a mouse and a keyboard have met their end through incurring the wrath of a defeated Llama! (Llama is just my alias, total coincidence that its the acronym for lower league managers)

i can get to the extremes quite often. on saturday i was playing as PSG and was in the last 16 of UEFA cup against arsenal. i drew 2-2 at the emirates, then was 3-0 up after half an hour at the parc des princes but somehow lost 4-3, with my captain sylvain armand getting a rating of 4!!!!! i went crazy and spent the next 10 mins swearing about armand, talking about how i was taking the captaincy off him, dropping him for the rest of the season and selling him at the first opportunity lol

i can get to the extremes quite often. on saturday i was playing as PSG and was in the last 16 of UEFA cup against arsenal. i drew 2-2 at the emirates, then was 3-0 up after half an hour at the parc des princes but somehow lost 4-3, with my captain sylvain armand getting a rating of 4!!!!! i went crazy and spent the next 10 mins swearing about armand, talking about how i was taking the captaincy off him, dropping him for the rest of the season and selling him at the first opportunity lol

And did you sell him? Or did you calm down?

I actually must admit I have major anger issues.

I am a very nice, calm person but as soon as I click that Football Manager 2008 shortcut my split personality comes into play.

Several times when I have lost games either due to snide unrealistic goals or because my team ignored my instructions, I have lent back in my chair and literally put two feet into the monitor watching it clatter off the wall behind it.

The monitor still lives....what does it want from me?

Lol i just had a major anger vent on my laptop after pazzini scored his second past me, got this message pop up sayin comp was shutting down to prevent damage to computer. Also lost about a months progress on my save.... Damn!

I play on my laptop so i sometimes grab the screen and smash it down onto the keyboard. Lift it back up and then smash it down again.

It is a motion like torturing someone in cold water you push them under and then lift them back out again.

I snap alot of pencils on my knee aswell. And i have stood on my laptop before now there is a big line across the screen

A friend of mine was playing FM while I was at his house, and was in the process of losing the Scottish cup final (he was Celtic, losing to St Johnstone or something). In the closing minutes of the game, while he was on his feet ranting, his team equalised, but unfortunately for him his window was open and when he punched the air in celebration, he put his hand through his bedroom window and had to be rushed to hospital.....

Well lets just begin lol. I put a hole in my bedroom door. Have thrown the keyboard and mouse at the wall causing damage both to wall and the keyboard. PC desk actually a disgrace has indents, stab marks and scratchs all over it. Once threw the speakers across the room and kicked a chest of drawers hard which moved back onto the wall leaving damage. I reccommend polyfiller as its very good for cover ups.

Recently have resorted to a stress ball lol

Off topic of fm but had to buy around 8 new ps2 controls during time i used it. Ps3 has also felt my anger with the r2 button coming out the socket manged to fix it though.

Ha Ha, Love this thread, I've managed to smash my way through 2 laptops and none of my CM/FM copies have manuals or disc cases as most of them are thrown against walls stamped on.....I used to headbutt my laptop but cant do that anymore as I have a DELL desktop and the keyboards hurt my head.

Yes I have anger management issues.....you should see me behind the wheel of a car!

Haven't destroyed anything yet but been close, such a frustrating game when things aren't going your way, was very close yesterday as my team were thumped 4-0, it was just one of those games where your team just can't do anything right and any tactical change I did made no difference in their performance whatsoever :mad:

i remember on '06, i lost a vital relegation battle game as Leeds in the Premiership. 1-1 against Charlton was enough to keep us up, but no they netted in the 95th minute (only 3 indicated) so i was fuming, i swore, screamed and hit the wall in my fury. i appreciate the importance of my laptop, so even though i was still fuming, i closed the lid gently as normal. next time i come to turn it on (about 5 minutes later) the plasma in the screen is cracked. ironic huh? must have **** itself seeing me beat the crud out of the wall and feared it was next

i usually talk to the players alot when playing in full match

'wesley brown please give me one good reason why you are kicking the ball towards the corner flag , ronaldo was right in front of you '

'you guys seriosly do not want to win today do you'

'rooney pass the flippin ball , there was so much space to make a through ball'

'hold on..how can both of you (ferdinand and vidic) let 1 striker run in between you and score'

' everytime you get the ball you just shoot it at the defender marking you . your making it too easy for them'

'****'

A friend of mine was playing FM while I was at his house, and was in the process of losing the Scottish cup final (he was Celtic, losing to St Johnstone or something). In the closing minutes of the game, while he was on his feet ranting, his team equalised, but unfortunately for him his window was open and when he punched the air in celebration, he put his hand through his bedroom window and had to be rushed to hospital.....

Absolute quality that one. Made me laugh. Hope he was ok in the end though.

Once, when I played PES I seriously damaged my gamepad after losing to Bosnia national team in WC qualification's crucial game (playing Poland, just after crushing Italy 3-0). Now, after some repair the gamepad is ok, but some buttons (not the important ones) are dead.

What about FM? When the rival scores an equalizer in additional time, or some lame team dominates my eleven, I often smash my notebook's plasma in the side, but when my hand is on its way to the laptop I realize that i do want my notebook to be fit and slow down the momentum so the hit is in most cases only medium-strong ;)

and I declare myself as a strong supporter of the half/post match option "punch the player in the face" (or at least "accidentally kick some boot and let it land at certain player's face - kudos to sir Alex ;)

• 2 weeks later...

omg i just lost 4-3 to Livingstone having been 3-0 up at half time. The laptop took a true beating yet again. Just shut the lid down, stood up, turned my back pondering whether to leave it be but in the end i turned around and smashed my fist down on the lid. The two bits holding the screen to the keyboard bit has cracked through the keyboard

Whoa guys, you guys seriously need anger management. Or are you just too rich?

Anyway, the most i've done is slam my hand into the screen of my laptop. It's my darling, so I only slap it occasionally.

Rofl I sware uncontrollably and whine like a bitch.

'Why do you do this to me.. THIS IS SO ****ING UNFAIR! WHY WHY WHYYYYY'

The only sware I can say that expressed my anger is c***, so usually my sentance ends up being something like 'c*** game, c***ing c*** players can't c***ing kick a c*** ball I'm never playing this c*** again'.

1) I broke my FM05 disc in half

2) I kicked my computer and broke the Hard drive (to be fair it was corrupted to hell anyway and needed replacing)

3) I punched the wall and broke my hand (well two fingers)

4) I was in a rage after a defeat and walked into a door (luckily wasn't plate glass) because I wasn't even seeing anything at the time I was just pure anger

5) I smashed my mouse against the wall knocking the tower (of my computer) over somehow

I could go on.

This game makes me angry but not as angry as: any Pro Evo game which has the ability to trigger extreme violence in me so I don't play it anymore , funnily enough games that reall annoy my friends (like Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros) do not anger me much.

Archived