players - coaches

hi. im afc bournemouth and in the year 2012. for the last couple of years the players that are getting old and are saying they will 'definatly stay in the game once they retire', have, at the end of the season announced their retirement for july and never displayed there coaching attributes. i have had this with about 5 players now. why would this be?

also, why has it never been posible for any players in my game to develop their coaching atributes while still playing, alowing me to offer a player/coach contract?

thanks x

I think the data base gets too large for coaches and sometimes they cant be added.

I get really annoyed at this as Im a big fan of gettin players that turn into coaches, I have Giggs, Veira and many others. Then the time came and Gattuso and Barry Ferguson both said they definatly would be a coach and then just disapeared and turned into the "temp chairman role".

I hardly get this when they are at my club, only at other clubs or on free in Fergusons case where he left my team at the end of his contract.

Yeah theres too many sh*t players that just sit there in the data base, like released players.

I know they sometimes dissapear as I have check on my older transfers of released players and saw I couldnt click on some kids.

I dont know if there could be a way you could delete some players from you data base, eg. All those 24 year old players that get released, bad young players and useless coaches.

I hope its changed because I have been keeping three players at my club just so that I can have them as coaches. Two have already retired after saying they will stay in the game. Its annoying.

I have a slightly different question but on the same topic..

You have the option in player interaction to say "I think this player would be a great manager/coach/scout"

I was wondering if anyone had managed to convince a playor who definitely wasn't going to become staff, to do so?

I was wondering if anyone had managed to convince a playor who definitely wasn't going to become staff, to do so?

No. In my experience, the players needs to be well on his way to deciding that he IS going to stay in the game.

Archived