Wants a new challenge

I have often found players wanting to leave the club no matter how successful you are. They are not willing to accept a new contract offer and have a "unhappy" status beside their name. Is there any way i can keep the player or should i just sell him to the highest bidder and get a replacement player:(

I suppose there are a few factors to why the player is unhappy or unfulfilled, whichever it might be. How often do you play the player? How successful are you? How long has the player been at your club? Does he want a new contract?

To me it sounds a lot like sol Campbell arsenal when he left, as he wanted a new challenge. I have always felt that it means that the player would like to try something new and see if he can re ignite his passion for football at another club.

How long does the player have left on his contract?

What sort of price region is he worth?

Do many clubs want him?

He is currently my first choice defender and is one of the best in the game. Had bought him when he was 19 and he is now 26...so that makes it around 7 seasons with me. Am playing as Arsenal and have won 5 league titles in seven years with 3 fa cups and 2 champions league..club rep is worldwide...have set his squad status as indispensable...i am on his favored personnel list..contract will expire in 2 years :(...as a last ditch attempt, i have asked him to recommend a new signing and the idiot has suggested henri saivet's name...since i need a striker i will buy him and see if he is willing to accept a new contract...or else will sell him off with manutd madrid and barcelona all offering over 35 million for him:(

I had that with Petr Cech.

Myself, my captain (John Terry) and a few other Chelsea players plus the keeper coach Lollishon were all on his fave person list, but he decided with a year to go on his contract that he wanted to move, and he did.

The only plus is that I had plenty of time to get in a replacement. I bought Joe Hart and Hugo Lloris.

Still annoyed me though. :(

He is currently my first choice defender and is one of the best in the game. Had bought him when he was 19 and he is now 26...so that makes it around 7 seasons with me. Am playing as Arsenal and have won 5 league titles in seven years with 3 fa cups and 2 champions league..club rep is worldwide...have set his squad status as indispensable...i am on his favored personnel list..contract will expire in 2 years :(...as a last ditch attempt, i have asked him to recommend a new signing and the idiot has suggested henri saivet's name...since i need a striker i will buy him and see if he is willing to accept a new contract...or else will sell him off with manutd madrid and barcelona all offering over 35 million for him:(

IMO him wanting a new challenge is understandable because he's done everything he can with Arsenal and can't really go any further e.g. Ronaldo. He's been them for 7 years and most players want to move on and try something new when they've been with a club that long e.g. Gerard when he wanted to mvoe to Chelsea.

There is no way round it that I know of and as i've had it a few times with different games when managing FC Bayern, Andreas Ottl always wants to move on for a new challenge and no matter how good the contract is and how many games you give him he'll insist on leaving on a free so you're forced to sell him. The Ottl one is a bit strange though because he isn't a first team regular and always ends up signing for a mid table German side, which is more of a challenge but also seems unlikely IRL.

It's an occupational hazard. I've got a modestly repped team with a small ground into the EPL. Now all the big guns are hovering over my players and turning their heads. It's wrecking morale but hey, I can't argue against it. If a club the stature of Manyoo can have their best player adopting this attitude, I can't really say my players' feelings are unrealistic.

Archived