Amateur Teams

So I justgone Queen's Park - first time ever being an amateur team, but promblem I got that I have lost half my team straight away.

Anyone got any suggestions on how best at this level to try and hold onto players?

I presume if I progress enough to that the board will eventually makes us semi-pro to

Well if you do want to know wikepedia says that when all other clubs became professional Queens Park claimed they would always remain amateur and never pay a player’s wages.

I believe SI have put this into the game so no they will remain amateur

Im only 5 league games in but it is hard got 4 points and out of the two cup competions - got 4 loan signings out of the premier and just signed two non league players - but lost half my squad within the first few weeks of the game.

Although it could be very annoying constantly losing players on frees it takes away financial worry of wages and if you’re the sort of manager who likes to make transfers and scout for free talent it would be fun.

Hope you stick it out and enjoy the challenge.

Being an Amateur club is part of treating football as football, not some big money making scheme like most foreign football players and Yankee chairmen! Which is why I respect the AFA some much!

So its November I am second to bottom and 10 pts from 12 games - now thinking of jumping ship because their is no chance of building anything. Anything I do build will just be swept away from me without a chance of trying to keep it!

When players sign a new deal, the contract will be protected (you can reject bids) till January of the same season. To get the contract protected again, one must wait till March, when a new deal wich spans the next season can be signed.

So you must make players sign new papers every year and contracts will still be unprotected in January and February and after untill the players put their name on paper again.

I just had a look on my save and found that they where in the SPL the way they seem to have got there is if they want one left back they sign two one in there prime and one younger who reaches there prime when the other leaves for another team.

I think you should try to get as many loan players in as they cannot be stolen until the end of there loan period.

Archived