does anyone know about skins

byrney

there should be a Sports Interactive folder in your My Documents. when you go into there you should find an empty folder named skins. you put your skins in there. i have only witnessed this with the 8.0.2 patch however. i don't know if it applies to any earlier patches.

If you've just got 08 I would highly suggest downloading the patch and installing. 8.0.2 refers to the version of FM 08 (straight out of the box is 8.0.0, in a save game go to Options > Game Status and you'll see it listed there).

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=31218

It will iron out annoying bugs (too many disallowed goals from corners, players not closing down etc.) and prevent possible future crashing issues. Also set up the Auto Save Interval/Mode (have a read of the manual on how to do this and what it is for) just in case you have a crash and need to revert to a previous save.

Since they got deleted on here I would suggest going to a fansite (sortitoutsi.net, fmglive.com) and looking in their forums for guides on installing the various custom graphics. That should answer your question. But do a search before posting. Open some threads, check thread titles, look at anything stickied at the top before opening your own thread or asking in someone else's thread. Use this for any other custom stuff rather than opening a new thread.

Since you've already asked here's how to install a skin :)

You download the skin which is usually an archive file (rar or zip, looks like three books with a belt around it). Put that into this folder (if it's not there already just create it)

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\skins

and right click, select extract here and wait until it's finished. Then in FM go to

Options > Preferences

Under 'Window Settings' you will see 'Skin'. Next to skin you will see the name of the currently active skin. Click on that and the game will present you with all available skins it can find as a drop down menu (if the skin you just installed doesn't appear then you made a mistake when installing it). Click the one you want.

Then untick the 'Use Skin cache' box and tick the 'Always reload skin on confirm' box, and press 'Confirm' in the bottom left corner.

Archived