Suggestion: Chief of Scouting

How about we have a chief of scouting?

You assign your chief of scouting with set requirements, and he carries those out with the scouts working or him.

For example, you could give 30 tasks to your chief of scouting, and he must carry them out within the year.

Tasks could include

- Find a new young superstar

- Find a certain position

- assign scouts to scout certain nations.

etc etc.

It would save a lot of time clicking the "restart" button on my scouts.

Also, could we not assign scouts time limits on trips. I'd like my scouts to stay in a nation for more than a month. I don't care if he's watching the same players week in, week out, eventually he will see someone good, or at the very least have a great scouting knowledge

find a certain position, assign scouts - you can do it by yourself and it really takes few minutes. besides, there will be users probably complaining that the chief misunderstood them or smth like that.

why not essential? there are a lot of things to change in ME, that's essential imho

Personally I like this idea, if only because it passes some of the responsibility for the day-to-day management of the scouts away from you.

I'd also have a Head Coach who tinkers with your training regimes according to your set instructions also.

i agree that there are things to improve in scouting (scouts changing their mind about player's ability few seconds after you've bought him, bad judging etc.) but i'm not sure about chief of scouting. still, i agree with this one: ''Also, could we not assign scouts time limits on trips. I'd like my scouts to stay in a nation for more than a month. I don't care if he's watching the same players week in, week out, eventually he will see someone good, or at the very least have a great scouting knowledge''

I think the inclusion of a chief scout is a great idea. You tell him what you want done, and then its down to him to assign the rest of your scouts to the various areas. And obviously the more scouts you have, the quicker/more assignments you can get done.

I dont think telling the scouts to find a new young superstar is neccessary simply because its part of their job description anyway. But i like the idea of saying how long you want a scout to search a certain area.

I don't exactly mean. "Go out and find the next wayne rooney" - But I mean along the lines of...

"Go to [Country X] and give me the ten best Under 18 year olds you can find"

That cant be done currently. Sure, you can sort you scout reports by age, and set an age in the parameters when assigning a scout his work, but you can specifically say "I want this".

I don't exactly mean. "Go out and find the next wayne rooney" - But I mean along the lines of...

"Go to [Country X] and give me the ten best Under 18 year olds you can find"

That cant be done currently. Sure, you can sort you scout reports by age, and set an age in the parameters when assigning a scout his work, but you can specifically say "I want this".

That is a great idea, I hate going to a country's U18 team and clicking on all of them to get scout reports, this would save tons of time.

• SI Staff

Yeah, it would be good to be able to employ a chief scout or something and kind of just leave them to sort out all the specifics themselves and report back to you. That way you could get reports back, assign tasks or generic stuff and they would go away and do it.

Obviously, if you want to tinker yourself then you could do so. Maybe the head scout would get upset if you kept sticking your nose in and want to leave ;)

Great idea as it takes away the emphasis of sorting the scouts yourself.

One thing I'd like to see is a more indepth scouting report of the players. If anyone played EMH07 they would know what I mean as they were really comprehensive in what they were telliing you about that individual.

Yeah, it would be good to be able to employ a chief scout or something and kind of just leave them to sort out all the specifics themselves and report back to you. That way you could get reports back, assign tasks or generic stuff and they would go away and do it.

Obviously, if you want to tinker yourself then you could do so. Maybe the head scout would get upset if you kept sticking your nose in and want to leave ;)

Sounds a great idea to me !

How about we have a chief of scouting?

You assign your chief of scouting with set requirements, and he carries those out with the scouts working or him.

For example, you could give 30 tasks to your chief of scouting, and he must carry them out within the year.

Tasks could include

- Find a new young superstar

- Find a certain position

- assign scouts to scout certain nations.

etc etc.

It would save a lot of time clicking the "restart" button on my scouts.

Also, could we not assign scouts time limits on trips. I'd like my scouts to stay in a nation for more than a month. I don't care if he's watching the same players week in, week out, eventually he will see someone good, or at the very least have a great scouting knowledge

great addition if this ins in fm09

Thats the worst thing, Richard. Also, I'd perhaps like the Chief of Scouting to announce when I'm able to scout new nations.

Currently, I can scout most of Europe (am in Championship) - but didn't realize this until god knows how long after I was allowed. For many a year I was only allowed to scout UK and Ireland. It would be nice for CoS to say

"Your Chief of Scout has just informed you that you're now able to scout the following nations"

List of nations below.

Thats the worst thing, Richard. Also, I'd perhaps like the Chief of Scouting to announce when I'm able to scout new nations.

Currently, I can scout most of Europe (am in Championship) - but didn't realize this until god knows how long after I was allowed. For many a year I was only allowed to scout UK and Ireland. It would be nice for CoS to say

"Your Chief of Scout has just informed you that you're now able to scout the following nations"

List of nations below.

This has happened to me too. :thup:

nice idea op, would be nice not to have to select who scouts each individual player aswell. If you could just ask for a scout report and your chief automatically chooses the best suited scout that would be good!

Archived