Silly International Management Problem

I got a bit bored with Club Management, so I started a new game and made myself England manager. Unlike under McClaren, England made it to Euro2008 and won it. We then won the Confederations Cup, and then the 2010 World Cup!!!

Thinking that it doesn't get much better than that, I resigned to take a club job. NO-ONE will offer me a job!!! It's like I'm the ginger one himself! I get turned down by everyone, after winning the Euro and World Cup?!!! Unreal...

What's going on?

You should get a job in the next year.

Also, look at Lippi, ignored for the Chelsea, Inter, and Barca jobs despite saying he'd take them.

I wish I shared your confidence! It's May the year AFTER winning the World Cup, and I've been overlooked by everyone so far, including being passed over twice by the club I have as my favourite in the game, Newcastle...

You should get a job in the next year.

Also, look at Lippi, ignored for the Chelsea, Inter, and Barca jobs despite saying he'd take them.

Lippi has always said he didn't want to work abroad at this stage of his career because he doesn't want to learn a new language. He coached Inter at the turn of the century and failed. There's no way he'd be interested in returning. He did say before taking the Italy job again he only wanted to coach Italy and Juventus. He could get any job in the world if he wanted.

It's way too difficult to build a good reputation using International management, I think it has something to do with the amount of games i.e in 4 years you've probably played about 30 games, but club managers have played 200.

It's way too difficult to build a good reputation using International management, I think it has something to do with the amount of games i.e in 4 years you've probably played about 30 games, but club managers have played 200.

I don't know about that. I've had an International job with the DR of Congo in my career games. After some success I now have a decent reputation (Continental last time I checked) and get decent job offers. After long enough with them I was pretty much able to walk into any second tier job (Championship, Orange Ligue 1, Serie B etc). So I think it's fairly good. The game's recognised what I've achieved with a smallish nation and rewarded me appropriately. I know one game is evidence on it's own :) but I can't really complain about the way International reputation works at the moment. What sort of problems have you had Nomis?

I think the OP should be able to get some reasonable jobs but who are you competing with for the jobs? Despite your 3 recent trophies there may still be managers with better reputations that they've gradually built up. Whether you get a job is based alot on your reputation so there may be better out there.

Also how many leagues have you got running? The more you have the more chances you have with getting a job. Although possibly you may be hindered again by your reputation. There's a good thread by Morridin (sp?) I think which explains how the different types of reputation can develop and influence getting a job.

Peljam, I haven't had problems per se, but I find that winning a league competition in Europe gives you a rep of Continental immediately after one season, whereas coming top of a qualification group doesn't and it is necessary to actually win a competition.

Death, it isn't a bug! The Greek manager won Euro 2004 yet he wouldn't be offered jobs higher than those you mentioned, and tbh his achievement is probably more impressive than yours.

Can you manage a club and an International Team at the same time ?

Rhys

Yes you can, but you have to be offered an international job or take over an international team from the start and then apply for club positions.

Peljam, I haven't had problems per se, but I find that winning a league competition in Europe gives you a rep of Continental immediately after one season, whereas coming top of a qualification group doesn't and it is necessary to actually win a competition.

Death, it isn't a bug! The Greek manager won Euro 2004 yet he wouldn't be offered jobs higher than those you mentioned, and tbh his achievement is probably more impressive than yours.

Maybe it does need some tweaking then so that the right sort of rep boost occurs. More for top of the qualifiers, more for the smaller teams overachieving and such.

Yes you can, but you have to be offered an international job or take over an international team from the start and then apply for club positions.

The latter tends to be the "quick" way to go about it, as there are always some club positions open, but you can go long periods where no international job is open.

If you really want to, say, manage Man U and England simultaneously, I'd suggest making an English manager, ex-international, with "favorite club: Man U" and starting out as England manager. Start a second manager at Man U to bump Sir Alex out .. then have him retire. The first manager applies to Old Trafford and you use save-and-reload until you get the job.

Or just run two managers. :)

Archived