What's better: Good attributes/bad consistency, or Bad atts/good consistency

I'm thinking about making a terrible decision and buying Ibrahimovic for 100 million euros. He has amazing stats, BUT I checked his "consistency" rating, and his "important matches" rating on the data editor, and the consistency is only 12 of 20, and the important matches is only 13. Obviously this is ridiculous (SI did a terrible job) given that Cristiano Ronaldo has an important matches rating of 15, and he had been terrible (well, not good, at least) in important matches before the Champions Cup final this summer (which was after the 8.0.2 patch was released).

Also, I look at players like Vedran Corluka who only have decent attributes but a very high consistency rating (18 of 20), and he plays pretty well.

So, my question ~ How much of an impact does consistency have? I haven't really been able to find too many players with consistency ratings lower than Ibrahimovic's 12. It seems the normal average is about 15.

Does this mean Ibrahimovic's great attributes are just an illusion? Like I've had players with great attributes on my FM teams before over the years, like Alves, Gerrard, etc, and a lot of teh time they don't play amazing despite their amazing stats, whereas players with less exceptional stats like Guardado, Drogba, etc etc play much better.

So - Ibrahimovic. Does he play as well as his stats would suggest? Can I expect at least 1 goal a game? (plus many assists?)

Thanks

i find that like the stat says "consistency" they play well (by well i mean dominate) or they play poorly. Recently i had someone who scored 8 goals in 3 games, then didnt score for 9 hours then scored 12 in 6. Players with low consitency and good stats( by low i mean under 10) will normally play well or badly and there is really no middle like shown in the example above. A cosistency of 12 is alright and it shoudlnt effect his form that much however there will be times where he goes missing.

As for important matches, imbrahimovich should have a stat of like 4 for this... so SI gets these stats wrong sometimes like with ronaldo :p

I would always go for good attributes over consistency, and Ibrahimovic should do well for you, but it's probably overly optomistic to expect a gal a game and many assists.

As for players with lesser attributes performing ahead of other players, it depends on your tactics, morale, form etc, i'd still go for players with the better attributes, but just like real life they won't always do the business.

The consistency and Important matches ratings will change over time (correct me if I am wrong). I am pretty sure this was confirmed by some one from SI back in the days after FM06 was released.

I am sure some body with a better memory than me will explain how they alter, I vaguely remember that a lot of matches played well will increase consistency (do the media interaction comments also effect this?).

Archived