Idea for Future Games

Should ingame rule changes be brought in for future games?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should ingame rule changes be brought in for future games?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know what people will think of this idea but I think it would be good but only if it can be implemented properly. That could be hard, though. Say for example, in 2020 in the game you get a news item that UEFA has decided to expand the European Championships to include 32 teams as of 2028 or due to the success of the Premier Leagues decision to expand the subs bench to 7 the Football League has decided to follow suit and as of the 2010/11 season this will happen. I think the addition of the changing of rules or structures of competitions in the game would add a new dimension to it. It would make it much more realistic as, let's face it, in 10 years time it is unlikely that the current rules in the game will be the same as they are now and if the game could make ingame rule changes as your save goes on this would make it seem more realistic and less of the feeling of the same thing over and over again. My only worry is the programming difficulties of implementing this properly without making it a nuisance by making it contain too many rule changes and unrealistic rule changes. I think it would a good addition if implemented properly but some might feel that the current rules should be implemented in the game and new rules just brought in as they happen in real life to future releases. What do you think?

I've always thought this would be a good idea, however only if it is implemented properly. It would be very difficult and despite knowing nothing about designing games I would guess it'd mean a lot of coding etc.

It would be good though, to help feel as if you are moving on through time and into the future, in my 2015 save I still feel as if it is now, when probably by then there will be some changes to leagues and competitions, and even more changes would occur. It would be best to be able to turn it on and off though.

Brilliant idea though!

Yeah, might be good. But only if that twat(or something a little stronger), scudamour, didn't have his ideas about playing under the sea! Next he'll be letting foreign clubs play in the Premiership!

Where's the "not sure" option? In theory, it is a good idea as football changes all the time, but in practice, I'd worry that it would all go tits up. ow often would the rules change? What rules would change? It would need an awful lot of work in order to get this working properly and reliably, though I do like the idea.

I have to say that I wouldn't want this change. Maybe if it could be an option in preferences, then it would suit everyone, but it's not for me. I can't see the realism of guessing what changes will be made to league, competetion, or rules will be in 10 years time. It would just annoy me if there were changes to the amounts of teams in competitions and things like that as it wouldn't feel realistic to me. But, like I say if it could be an option you could turn off I wouldn't mind it.

It a good idea in theory but it could ruin a perfectly good game. I think it would distort realism quite alot too. I would love to see this as an editable option, the editor gives us a set of rules so we can change them, maybe even setup future rule changes. That is something I'd like to see.

I had an idea like this before but never posted it... It'd have to be something that was very infrequent in games and perhaps required a minimum amount of 5/10 seasons to be completed before it might happen and before it was implemented - perhaps a news item would appear detailing "proposed" change and asking your opinion. If you reply negatively it definitely won't happen, but if you are open to the change there's the possibility of the change happening at some point in the future, but it's not guaranteed...

I know nothing about coding so maybe this is impossible but I did think before that a dynamix FM Universe could reflect the fact that changes have been made in the game and will more than likely continue to do so.

No, I wouldn't like it. As said earlier, you don't know what changes are going to happen, so why guess. I do know that I'm against playing abroad, goal-line technology crap(it would ruin the game. If everythings perfect there would be nothing to talk about after, and how often does it happen anyway. Not enough to spend billions on, that for sure), and that Sin-bin idea.

I am obviously for it but as I said only if it could be implemented properly and is not a feature full of bugs that ruins the game. I personally think it would be realistic. Some people are saying that there is no point in predicting what rule changes will happen and I can see their point of view but the game predicts other things that will happen in the future like what players will come into the game and be world class in the future, what teams will be the best in the forthcoming years and even who will host the 2018 World Cup. As I said I would like it in the game but I doubt it would ever happen due to the probable difficulties in getting something like this to work perfectly.

It's a no from me, I don't like the idea of making things up as it goes along, perhaps if there were small changes that were implemented properly that would be an ok feature, but drastic changes e.g. making the CL have 32 teams is too far.

Archived