what happened to si and pes ?

• SI Staff

Many, many years ago, we let them have a copy of part of our database, mainly because we played it a lot, and disagreed with quite a bit of their data.

I have no idea if it was used or not, and the collaboration ended there. There are no plans at all for us to work with the PES team on any games - there is already a PES manager (although I don't know if they're still making it). We are still fans of their action games though.

Many, many years ago, we let them have a copy of part of our database, mainly because we played it a lot, and disagreed with quite a bit of their data.

I have no idea if it was used or not, and the collaboration ended there. There are no plans at all for us to work with the PES team on any games - there is already a PES manager (although I don't know if they're still making it). We are still fans of their action games though.

cheers for the reply miles all the best with the new game :thup:

Ah, I heard a rumour of this ages ago but have never had it confirmed. Good to know that there was at least some basis to it.

Pro Evolution Soccer already owns Fifa in my eyes and if they had the accuracy of FM stats it truly would be an amazing game.

I must agree with Miles about disagreeing with some of the stats on Pro Evo...players like Micah Richards have a VERY low stamina and gets tired straight away when in real life i'd say he is Manchester Citys fittest player physically.

There was a version (PES4 I think) in which they didn't have the ridiculous differences in stats between players who played at top clubs/teams and those who didn't.

I suspect that you guys might be responsible for that.

Archived