SI's Priority Wish List

Very often I see users posting "I like this idea, but I want SI to sort out ... first," so I figured I'd start this thread. You can rank the changes for the future of the series on how important they are. For example, one change I'd like to see is to make the User Interface more free-flowing and dynamic (see my Ideas for the User Interface thread). But I also think it's important to fix the board confidence, however, IMO, not as important. Therefore,

1. Improved User Interface
  2. Fix Board Confidence

Someone else may want a new skin at the top of their priorities list, so they'd put a new skin above the other two.

1. New Skin
  2. Improved User Interface
  3. Fix Board Confidence

Note, this list is compiled using the numbered list function, so you can just quote the latest list, press enter at the point you think your addition should be prioritised and type your addition, and all the numbers will update automatically. If you wish, post links to threads which can support your argument for your addition to be ranked where it is in the list. The purpose of this thread is so that when it comes to Ideas Time, the team at SI can look at the list and see what the community thinks should be their most important considerations.

So, in order of importance, here is the basic list to start the ball rolling:

1. Improved User Interface (Link)
  2. Fix Board Confidence
  3. New Skin

Feel free to add your addition where it would go in the priority list.

1. Regens. Please keep the level on a par with the original DB.

2. Match Engine.

3. Improve user interface

4. Fix board confidence

5. Improve the scouting system

6. Records. More of them, please.

7. New skin

• SI Staff
The idea is that you add to the list that is currently there. That way we can make one big, universal list.

That's a bit pointless though as you are never going to get people to agree. What would be better would be gathering a list of areas / points that people post then creating a poll that people can vote for one of the options

1. Media. Stop these stupid repetitive questions about meaningless returns and players on your shortlist, and actually have some sensible media questions about meaningful things, especially internationals and derbies. Also stop these repetitive questions about meaningless returns. And please fix the repetitive questions about returns of unimportant players. Irritating isn't it.

2. Regens. Wow they are sucktastic. Just awful. However it's second on my list because FMM can fix a lot of the woes, although it shouldn't have to.

3. The skin. My eyes will thank you. Besides the whole hideous colour thing, also take a long hard look at the suggestions one guy had (With Pics! (you know the thread)) and the stuff added by the FM07 skin-copy (assistant reports built in to the squad screen). Stop just recolouring what we've already got.

4. Board confidence. Not only is it totally illogical, but the increase in expectations for minor success is stupid. There is an old adage that if it aint broke, don't fix it. Well if it aint working, don't add it!

VB

I'd like the game to come with more than one skin...possibly maybe even contacting makers of the famous skins we download like turnstyle etc. and paying them to allow the skin to be in the game permanently.

I'd also like alot more interactivity with more options during team talks and media questions.

The obvious one I want fixed would be the match engine.

1. Board confidence (After a couple of years success with a lower rep club all your work is ruined by one bad result, they are incapable of remembering past acheivements)

2. Regens (I agree we need not a better balance of players appearing every year unlike currently)

3. Scouting (much better reports needed much like EMH07, as they we very indepth)

1. Regens - FM07 = very good, FM08 = very poor. Not good when you're going backwards

2. Media - The current system just doesn't work, needs to be completely changed

3. Match Engine - far far far too many comebacks from 2,3,4 etc goals down. Players who have had an awful 80 mins don't suddenly play out of their skins because they've been told to play slightly different. There needs to be a bigger influence of 'in match' morale.

1. Changing Competition Reputation

2. More Variety in Media

3. Better Regens

4. Better International Management (Can arrange friendlies at suitable times, better choosing of host countries and international seedings change)

5. Better Transfer System (Proper Negotiations)

6. Better AI

7. Better Training System

Archived