Loan signings for the next season in June - Scottish clubs can, I can't

How come Scottish clubs can make loan offers for players in June for the next season and I can't. I'm playing as Brentford in League One. (Obviously it's not just Brentford who can't, it's any english club). I find it rather annoying because a lot of times good players are loaned out to Scottish clubs even before I'm allowed to make an offer. I guess their season start earlier or something like that, but still that doesn't seem right to me.

I think it would make sense to be able to arrange loan signings for the next season even right after the season has ended just like you can sign players before and they will join up with the squad on the 1st of July.

I believe for teams outside the country they can offer an English player a contract 6 months before his expires, but for English teams it is 6 weeks. So, I assume it is the same thing here, because these clubs are outside of England they can offer to take the player on loan before English clubs can. Although it makes sense due to contract laws to have the difference in time you can offer contracts, you should be able to still make a loan offer as the transaction would go through the loaning club rather than being "tapping up".

Within the uk there are slight differences to loan rules than the rest of the UK meaning that loans between scotland and england ( or Wales or NI) can be carried out though out the season (i beleive this due to me having birmingham and ostende(Bel) as feeder clubs for celtic, and i can send players in the middle of the season to birmingham but not ostende) within the uk it is possible to loan transfer a player outside the " Home Country" you are in eg England>Scotland, Wales>England etc) Correct me if im wrong but i can send fring players to birmingham mid-season and i dont think im getting preferential treatment.

I hope this helps.

Because you want to bring in players from the same country of which you are playing is the problem, i think.

In my current game I'm playing as Brentford. When playing in League Two or League One the easiest way to bring in quality players is on loan from leagues above - Championship, Premiership. In my first season I loaned Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and he finished as the League Two top scorer. But when I wanted to take him on loan again for the next season, I couldn't, I had to wait until 1st of July before I could make loan offer for him, but by then Dundee Utd had already loaned him.

I can understand that there are rules that I can't take him on loan in June, but that is not what I want anyway. I want to arrange to take him on loan for the next season. just like you can arrange transfers months before they accualy go through.

Future Loans are possible in the game, though it only happens when you or the computer offer players on loan to your feeder clubs - I tried to loan several player to my Turkish Feeder club, and selected a couple of U18's forgetting you have to be 18 to join a non-EU club, so their loan transfers were delayed until they turned 18. Also at the beginning of the season the computer will loan out some of its youngsters to feeder clubs with the loans delayed until the 1st July - which is yes annoying when you are trying to loan said players and are unable to.

However when you make a loan offer you can not have it delayed.

I guess in real life managers/clubs just make unofficial agreements or something like that. I don't think they wait until 1st July to make enquiries about players they would like to take on loan. Luckily in my game I'm in the Championship now and don't really have the need to loan players anymore.

Would be nice if you could enquire/arrange future loans for players through manager interaction feature. I guess that's the way the do it in real life anyway, for example Championship managers calling to Premiership managrs and asking about their young/reserve players players.

Archived