private bids?

hi

sometimes when i get bids from clubs it has an option in the bid that says private , what is this , as when i make bids i dont get the option to do it???

its only i would like to make a bid , but i do not want to upset any players just yet , is it possible to make a private bid ?

cheers

It's up to the selling club whether they want to make it private or not, it makes sense because you may want to keep it private so you have a better chance but the selling club will want as much attention for a player as possible so as to bump up the price etc.

It's unlikely that they will choose to keep your bif private and it's unlikely that you would want to keep someone elses bid private unless you don't want a rival coming in and unsettling the player.

Does private mean the player (or his agent) doesn't know? I'm having a hell of a time with clubs doing a Real and unsettling my best players with bids.

I don't think so. i think it means that no other teams will be aware that you have made a bid.

Private means that the newspapers etc won't find out about it and won't be able to say how much the transfer fee is etc, despite this the buying club will probably rlease a statement that they are interested in the player so private is pretty pointless.

Archived