can anyone explain this?

I recently bought Mark Viduka for my liverpool side in his 30's, mainly because i'm australian and i didnt want him retiring from the national team just yet..... but even though his stats were utter rubbish (1 for pace for example, 3 for acceleration etc) because he was so old, he ended up as my starting striker in the premiership and ended the season with 15 goals from 22 appearances (my top scorer). How can an old person with rubbish stats and a probably even lower CA perform so well? Do the stats even mean anything at all? Or was it all pot luck?

I'm definetly buying some more old guys, this is something i really want to look at.

By the way, i'm in FM07.

Then again Gamst Pederson (my left winger) was averaging 7.81 for the season, so its possible he was providing such good ball from the wing that Viduka didnt have to use his physical stats to move, so it could explain why he scored so much (and tore the oppostion to pieces).

He may be 35 next season, but i'm going to be playing him again and see what happens. :)

Archived