World Striking Contest

What should I do  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do

• Start over
    • Give Up
    • Start from February 2008 in Russia with these stats but screenies will be off

And now it is time for the World Striking Contest to begin. There are 30 youngsters from all of the different regions that will be competing year to year against themselves and for their regions to see who will be the World's Best Striker. Each of these players will be starting in either the second tier league in the nearest playable country or the lowest available playable league, whichever is higher. And here are the players.

Brendan Peterson- Sydney FC

Rick Adicel- Beijing

Kevin Manuachu- East Benga

Browser Two- Tampines

Alfonso de Silva Santos- Seoul

Ben Talbott- Bay United

Cody Bird- Wolves

Proccy- Amiens SCF

Adam Griffiths- FC Gueugnoon

Osuaze Odemwingie- Toyes

Fuzzy Lightning- New York Red Bulls

Pablo Gonzalez- Socio Aguila

Rickster- Toronto F.C.

Mario Chiwawa- Dorados

Mark Cator- DC United

The Stig- Aviacion

Tomaldinho- Ferra

Hugues Tyson- Santiago Morning

Jorge Rombos- Portuguesa

El Championo- Danubio

The World Contest Man- Adelaide United

Akwanatouahalo Smith- Central Coast Mariners

George Dale- Wellington Phoenix

Paul Inifri- Melbourne Victory

El Loco- Queensland Roar

Phil McAke-Torpedo Moscow

Gold Member- Clyde

Felton McCann- Burnley

King Tikki-Man- Estoril

Dan The Man- Salamanca

First update will come when its ready, it may be screenshots or the July/August update.

The Stig- Aviacion is a team in the second tier in Peru. Every player is at a second tier team as close to their birthplace as possible unless they were moved to another country or their country doesn't have a playable second tier.

Rickster- Apparently you were released by Toronto F.C., presumably because of your age, however they only have your rights until March 31, 2008.

Rickster- Apparently you were released by Toronto F.C., presumably because of your age, however they only have your rights until March 31, 2008.

:( I don't need to go through some unplayable north american league and enter the MLS draft right?

My career is starting off bad already :(

Frazza Pee- I apologize if that sounded harsh, I was at work and I was just a little frustrated when I made it.

rancer890- As of yet I do not know exactly what that means we will have to find out as we go.

rancer890- As of yet I do not know exactly what that means we will have to find out as we go.

In my challenge/signup/experiment I created a dummy manager and assigned him on a club without a manager, and I signed my signup players to the team. I don't care what team I'm on, as long as I'm contracted :)

Well i played July and August and there was nothing interesting to note so I am going to go through September as soon as I finish my next month in Walcott's new challenge so expect one in when you wake up in the morning

Remember that I am in America, and I apologize I planned on doing the update before I went to sleep last night but alas, I am packing to go home, because I was working at school for part of the summer and that has gotten in the way of FM playing so update ASAP

September Update

Phil was the only player to play for his national team this month and in his two appearances a 2-0 win home against Armenia and a 1-1 draw away at Armenia, he had a goal in each but no Man of the Match awards received. Thus he currently leads the competition with 34 points.

Injuries:
- Paul Inifiri has a pulled hamstring that will keep him out for 2 weeks to a month
- Procy has a pulled hamstring that will keep him out for 2 days to 2 weeks
- Hugues Tyson has strained ankle ligaments that will keep him out for 2 days to a week
- Jorge Rombos has a bruised thigh that will keep him out for 4 days to a week
- Kevin Manuachu has a groin strain that will keep him out for 2 to 4 weeks

Other
- Tomaldinho is currently learning from Maximiliano Castano

The table will make its debut in the next update as more people should have made their international debuts in October.

October 2007

This month saw the debuts for 7 players and the introduction of the tables.

October Individual Competition

October World Competition

This month's top performer goes to The World Contest Man because he only played one game and scored two goals, however Browser Two comes a close second because in three games this month he didn't score a single goal yet gained to MoM awards. Tunisia qualified for the African Cup of Nations and Adam Griffiths received 15 team points for the win.

There are no injuries to report this month

Other News:
- Hugues Tyson is learning from Claudio Videla

November will be the next update then none until after the transfer window.

And here is the scoring b/c I don't think I posted it in this thread

Credit to Walcott's Wonderkids for scoring

Individual:

Int Appearance = 5

Int Goal = 10

Int MoM Award = 5

Int Yellow Card = -3

Int Red Card = -8 (2 yellows --> 1 red = -8)

Team:

Win = 3

Draw = 1

Qualification for major tournament= 15

Bonus:

25 points will be awarded if player finishes top scorer in major tournaments

50 points for setting nation's goalscoring record

100 points to first to reach 100 Caps

100 points to first to reach 50 goals

50 points for reaching 100 Caps (after first)

50 points for reaching 50 goals (after first)

Hopefully Brendan can have a bit of luck in the next few months and get his debut and hopefully a goal or two as well. The rest of Asia is doing well so hopefully I can follow their lead and get in the goals.

KUTGW.

And I assume that document of "Songs to Download" is really a list of songs to BUY, you wouldn't want to do anything illegal now would you :p

November 2008

November Individual Competition

November World Competition

The player of the month this time around is El loco as he was the hat-trick hero in both of Papua New Guinea's matches this month although Paul Inifiri bagged four on his debut for the Solomon Islands. It looks like the OFC is running away with this year's World Competition which was expected, by me at least, as the standard of competition is lower.

Injuries:
- Browser Two is out for 1 to 2 months with a hip injury
- Brendan Peterson is day to day with a groin strain
- Tomaldinho is out for 1 to 2 months with a slipped disk
- fmfan08 is out for 2 days to a week with a calf strain

Next update will be after the January transfer period

Archived