More Manager Speculation

I would love it if we could have more manager speculation regarding jobs being lost and also managers moving to other clubs and so on.

I have noticed that if you have been with a club for a while speculation becomes non existent and ok maybe that is true in real life to if you take Alex Ferguson as an example.

But, I think it would be great if when a big club comes available then your name is mentioned more or even if a club wants you to take over they fight for you and so on.

I haven't posted for a while but have to say still loving the game

It happens quite a lot actually. I started save with Arsenal and won almost every throphy available then moved down the division to take manager Bury. And when the my contract was ending, I used to get a lot reports that linked me with big clubs.

So, It all depends on your reputation as well as your contract length.

It happens quite a lot actually. I started save with Arsenal and won almost every throphy available then moved down the division to take manager Bury. And when the my contract was ending, I used to get a lot reports that linked me with big clubs.

So, It all depends on your reputation as well as your contract length.

Yea but what I mean is that when you have been with a team a while that speculation goes away sadly. I would love to see it continue and grow and maybe even diminish with your success or failure.

In my present game I am in the year 2014 and I have been with Man Utd since the beginning - at the start I had a lot of speculation, but now nothing, not even a mention and I would like it when a top job comes up or maybe just for the press to speculate and so on.

I agree, Gazza.

I'd like to see more speculation when a manager starts to get into trouble .. for example, one of my managers got to Insecure, and there was no indication of that until the next monthly board report.

I'd love to see a news story maybe along the lines of

After Fluminese's recent run of poor form, speculation is beginning to mount about whether Bolivar Brasilia was really the right man for the job. He took over with the club already languishing below expectations, in eighth place, but they've now gone seven games without a win and are languishing in eleventh.

With the supporters having expected the team to challenge for a title this year, that kind of form is surely unacceptable...

Then we might see speculation beginning to mount as he gets in even worse trouble:

Struggling Fluminese have now gone over two months without a victory, and after unemployed manager Ariel Sanchez was spotted in the stands of a recent match, speculation is beginning to mount that the board are discussing replacing Brasilia with Sanchez.

Brasilia recently asked the board for more time to strengthen the squad, and while some would argue that it would be harsh to sack him without giving him an offseason to mold the club to his liking, others suggest that with the talent at his disposal, he should really have been able to beat lowly .. last weekend.

I have been with Rangers for 6 years and still get so many clubs approaching me and media asking me. Every team that is top flight and bit beyond I get asked about. And its even worse when the contracts start running out cause you get a huge list of all this things say "XXX manager looks unlikely to get a new contract, most likely to take over are (me) bla bla bla"

I do like it but more media options should be in place so you dont get hassled all the time.

Eg. "There is no chance I will be leaving "XXXX" as it is a club I love and support"

so on...

Maybe in your personal it could say "Loyal Manager" or something, or have Club Loyality separate, the higher this is then the more the club loves you, eg. Sir Alex Ferguson

Clubs also will need to take note of the past like in FM07, "The club feels honoured to have you as manager of xxxx"

I think the board should response to the speculation a lot more too.

At the moment, they will express delight or disappointed depending on your response. However, they never do anything to try to keep you in the club, like offering you a new contract for example.

Another thing is that, if a club do offer you a job, and you reject. The board will say nowt. which is kind of weird

It's something that can certainly be expanded, perhaps mimicking the activities of the media in real life, ie. Farcical speculation after a few defeats, this speculation can then be laughed off by yourself or the board. Of course wheather the board laugh it off depends on your chairman, if you have a very demanding chairman then they may stay silent on the matter which could then fuel the speculation about your future.

As for the board reacting to you turning down other jobs i think they currently do react but not everytime, which they should, in addition to that perhaps there could be a media piece asking why you turned them down and a selection of responses such as "i've got alot of work to do here" or "i'm enjoying my time at City and see no reason to move on" etc etc.

I have been with Rangers for 6 years and still get so many clubs approaching me and media asking me. Every team that is top flight and bit beyond I get asked about. And its even worse when the contracts start running out cause you get a huge list of all this things say "XXX manager looks unlikely to get a new contract, most likely to take over are (me) bla bla bla"

I do like it but more media options should be in place so you dont get hassled all the time.

Eg. "There is no chance I will be leaving "XXXX" as it is a club I love and support"

so on...

Maybe in your personal it could say "Loyal Manager" or something, or have Club Loyality separate, the higher this is then the more the club loves you, eg. Sir Alex Ferguson

Clubs also will need to take note of the past like in FM07, "The club feels honoured to have you as manager of xxxx"

But when you are at a top team it stops to a certain extent and I would love for there to be more realism in this area.

I think it would be a really good area to expand and to play with. Maybe bringing in more speculation about jobs when you have had a few defeats like Buzzing Hornet says and maybe the board reacting to that speculation in some way like andyinuk mentions.

I am managing 2 teams at present and I have had no manager speculation for a couple of years. One team is Man U and the other in Atletico Madrid.

A media piece asking why you turned down the job would be very good too!

i'd love to see more of this too, after quite a long successful career with Liverpool I only had a couple teams state they were interested in me (Barcelona, Inter, Man Utd) which isn't realistic, surely a lot of clubs would want a manager with a 90% win rate?

also, whenever my contract was around 6 months off expiring I would get a message saying that Liverpool are looking at other options as they don't think i'll re-sign! I was happy that my AssMan (David Endt) was always their number 1 choice to replace me, but still, they never offered me a new contract, I had to approach them everytime!

Archived