Set Pieces: How much attention do you give them?

Now obviously a new set piece editor has been requested many times but I just wanted to ask a few questions about the current system (if that's the right word?).

Basically, how much attention do you give to it? Personally I set it all up when I start a new game then hardly ever touch them but I suspect I'm missing out on quite a bit by doing that. As for throw ins I don't touch them at all. Do you change them before every match? Do you study player attribute when deciding on what to do?

Most of all though I want to know if you see a big difference in the effectiveness of them when you spend time developing them, that is do you score a lot more goals and concede less? I know about the corner cheat but apart from that is there a marked difference between matches where you have put a lot of thought into the set pieces and matches where you haven't?

In other words, what do you do and would you advise me to take them more seriously?

I never take much notice of them and it seems to do little when I do take notice of it. Only ever tried the corner exploit a couple of times when in a sticky situation and even then that didn't work, I currently have a player on near post and challenging keeper with corners into 6 yard box, but the most anyone has ever scored in one season from corners is 7.

A little invistigation in set-piece instructions would bring about big return.

but i am also expecting a new set-piece editor enabling people to set more specific instructions in corners or freekicks...

btw, the setting of penalty takers should be less rigorous. For example, when a player who is not the designated penalty taker has scored twice in a game, it is more realistic that he should take the penalty if there is one in order to become a hat-tricker.

Archived