Fm 2006?

Bah , fm2006 was one of he worst IMO , you have to constantly change tactics because AI cracks them ( or "they stop working" as some may say ) .

My FM2006 experience is just the opposite. I never change tactics from my attacking/wide/quick style and succeed. In my latest saved game, I've brought Coventry from League 1 in five seasons to a Premiership quadruple in 2024. My other clubs also are winners. My only tactics change is to close down matches with time-wasting and two DMs in the final minutes.

I wish I could say the same about FM2008. I'm in my second season with MK Dons and am getting clobbered, no matter what I do. I'm anticipating my first FM sacking.

Right so here it is I bought Fm 2006 today (£3 bargain.) But is it any good? What players should I look out for? More importantly, is anyone still playing it?

My fave version of the FM Series, tbh. I'd never go back to play it now, due to the advances in FM07 and FM08, but I had more fun playing that than any other version.

im playing it now because im too stingy to buy a newer version. i have no problems with the ai 'cracking' my tactic

indeed i would say i am overachieving with quite a offensive formation 2 centre forwards 2 attacking wing midfielders central mid, central defensive mid, 2 wing backs and 2 centre backs and i have many many upwards arrows. true some game i will get hammered but i have taken barnet to 2 leyland dafs and a promotion in my first 2 seasons and barnet are the worst league team in fm2006.

Very good memories of FM06 - took me about 10 months to ditch it and move on FM07. I had managed to get about 2020 after winning Serie A five years on the trot with Inter Milan. Moved onto FM07 after I felt that I was missing out on the new features such as feeder clubs etc. Still tempted to go back to FM06 though.

Guest roberto922

Berbatov and Llorente FTW! and Mokoenas always worth a shot, I loved FM 06 almost as much as FM 08 (I didn't like 07 that much) brilliant bargain buy Frazza

How do I play it in small windowed version?

preferences, there should be an option to uncheck 'fullscreen'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm still on FM06 since I can't be bothered to go buy a new laptop until starcraft2/diablo3 comes out.

Fernando Ismael Rodriguez and Enzo Scorza are good buys. Rod. <16k, Scorza like 40-50k.

Falcao, Esterilla, Arenas, Diego Buonanotte, alberto bolanos, guarin, if you are a european club with small db, almost any south american player you can get on a free or sub 100-200k all are promising, etc. and will become good players. If anything, you buy them for 40k and sell for 3-6 million in a few years.

preferences, there should be an option to uncheck 'fullscreen'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm still on FM06 since I can't be bothered to go buy a new laptop until starcraft2/diablo3 comes out.

Fernando Ismael Rodriguez and Enzo Scorza are good buys. Rod. <16k, Scorza like 40-50k.

Falcao, Esterilla, Arenas, Diego Buonanotte, alberto bolanos, guarin, if you are a european club with small db, almost any south american player you can get on a free or sub 100-200k all are promising, etc. and will become good players. If anything, you buy them for 40k and sell for 3-6 million in a few years.

Thanks for that.

Take it it's good then?

Not neccesarily good compared with the latest versions but enjoyable yes. FM08 is much, much more advanced making it the better game in theory, likewise with '07 but '06 was one of those games you could pick up and have reasonable success with almost anyone (which was what made it so enjoyable to and a favorite of many) whereas doing something similar on '08 is a completely different matter as I'm sure you know.

:thup:

Archived