Pain in the A***

I thought I'd get a quick game in this morning before leaving for work!

I'm playing as Shrewsbury Town and struggling in 22nd place in our 1st season in the Championship after successive promotions. Away to Preston, who are just above me in the table, I go one down and seem to be under the cosh when after 30 minutes I notice that somehow my defensive midfielder is playing as a left winger and my left winger playing as a defensive midfielder.

I'm so p***** off about it that I quit the game without saving. No wonder I'm playing so bad! The players have accidently been moved with an incorrect flick of the mouse as I've seen happen before.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think that there should be some form of locking mechanism so that he doesn't accidently get dragged and swapped with another player?

By the way, would you call me a cheat for quiting this morning without saving? I hope not :o)

If your DM played as LW and LW as DM, quitting the game is not cheating imho :D Imagine Tymoshchuk (not sure about spelling) playing as LW and...let's say... Farfan or VDV playing as DM :D

No, I haven't had such a problem, I have made a mistake when selecting Nigeria squad, these lads have so similar names, that I often mix them up and call up a real looser instead of future Kanu :D

Thanks for your support uusinjsh as I hate cheating.

I've had the problem before bur I play on a laptop and without a mouse so it's easily done.

Hopefully tonight I'll get the win that I so badly need.

what if i wanted to play my DM as a Left winger? we can't have a lock to stop it and constantly having messages coming up saying 'are you sure? are you reallllly sure?' when we want to do something would get irritating very quickly.

you just have to pay a bit more attention :)

This has happened to me when I was managing Arsenal, after doing some tactical changes the next time the 2-D pitch came up I noticed that Rosicky and Gilberto had swapped places and when I checked the tactics screen it indeed showed that Rosicky was DM and Gilberto LM.

I did this but accidently had my striker in goals and goalie up front. Didnt realise till they scored a long shot and I wondered what the hell my keeper was doing.

Got back into the game though to win 3-1. Rushing caused this....so....dont rush. haha

Thanks for the replies and yes, I know I need to be more careful. It's just that it's easily done when playing on a laptop and using a finger instead of a mouse.

By the way, I played the game again last night and lost 2-1 to a last minute goal after deserving at least a draw. My fight against relegation continues...

Archived