new fm feature idea friendly cups

Hello. I was thinking that a good idea to add in fm would be to have the option to add money prizes in friendly cups.

so you create a friendly cup and choose how much the prize money will be and all the teams chip in a bit to make up the prize winnings sum. It would make friendly cups much better and maybe you can even get sponser money from it?

what you think?

I think it would be too easy to abuse.... the AI doesnt usualy create their own friendly cups, so you would have a financal advantage over them if you made a cup with weak teams and won with no contest.... also, if the AI was changed so that it did make the cups, people like me who dont bother with friendlys would be at a financal disadvantage compared to that of the AI.

Its not really nessesary, not realistic, so its unlikely to be a desired option i think.

The only way that this would be a feasable (sorry for spelling, it's early!!) idea is if it is done in real life. Is this the case, I wouldn't have thought so, but am willing to be proved wrong.

your telling me theres no incentive to win the emirates cup? or all those dutch friendly cups all these teams are flying over there for?

your telling me theres no incentive to win the emirates cup? or all those dutch friendly cups all these teams are flying over there for?

I'm sure they're given cash to appear.

The same way you would do in FM at the moment when you arrange a friendly cup.

I think this feature is pretty accurate as it is already.

I think that the host team just get gate receipts with others getting appearance fees paid by the host team. I am not sure though. Maybe the sponsor pays the appearance fees but I do not think there is prize money or even a cup. But as I said I am not sure and could be wrong.

It works well as it is, good TV money. Appearance money is your usual bonus for any team in a cup. All they get is appearance money to compensate ticket money as they also sell alot of merchandise in certain cups, USA and Japan based cups sell a mint. They also get a trophy with some PR time if they win.

To be honest, I'd like the idea to approach an Asian/American team in respects to have them host a cup for you to participate in as not that many are hosted in the UK.

Archived