Tips for beating Arsenal

I'm playing as Man utd in the first season. I haven't made any significant signings. I'm beating most people quite easily except Arsenal.

I lost out in our first game to them in the league.

Then i lost in the League Cup

Then the Fa cup.

I've now drawn them in the CL ( this must be some kind of arsenal drawing record!)

Has anyone got any tips ( Formation, Opposition Instructions) which will lead to a win for me?

I'm playing as Man utd in the first season. I haven't made any significant signings. I'm beating most people quite easily except Arsenal.

Then the Fa cup.

I've now drawn them in the CL ( this must be some kind of arsenal drawing record!)

Has anyone got any tips ( Formation, Opposition Instructions) which will lead to a win for me?

Try the Tactics Board.

Score more goals than them :p:D

Nah in all seriousness bud, you just need to play the right players and use the right tactics that will eventually give you the win

What I came in to say :p

Play to their weaknesses, if they have Hleb and Sagna on the right side, make your left back defensive (to deal with the 2 of them) and your left mid really attacking, so exploit their attackiveness.

in the first season playing as liverpool i draw with arsenal 0-0 three times. i always dropped a DM in and played with one up front. (normal formation was a 442).

as my team gets better i was getting more adventurous and nicking 1-0 wins in the last 10 minutes.

you have to make sure that your players have good concentration and dont let them get complacent. probably best to keep things relatively tight, as they do in real life when the big teams play each other, as arsneal have some very good players in terms of phsyical stats.

Reload the game and repeatedly play it until the AI's predetermined result is overcome somehow by some sort of fluke or you happen to find the bizarre tactic that unhinges their ridiculously effective team. (Basically the same as when it 'decides' you have lost against the teams at the bottom of your division, whose players with awful morale and awful attributes

suddenly become brilliant against you at various points of the season no matter what you do.)

Or ... do as the others suggest above and hope to negate their effectiveness ... which in my experience is unlikely ;-). Weaker foot etc for their wingers may have an effect, also I tend to find changing offside traps and defensive line depth can make huge differences to matches. Oh, and pray a lot!

Reload the game and repeatedly play it until the AI's predetermined result is overcome somehow by some sort of fluke or you happen to find the bizarre tactic that unhinges their ridiculously effective team.

another poor loser?

if you put your striker in goal and your keepers up front i bet that would have an effect on the score line wouldn't it? so i'm pretty sure that picking the right players/formation/tactics would also have an effect on the score line.

Push their wingers onto weaker foot. Tight Mark Adebeyor/Bendtner with hard tackling. Always close down other forward also with hard tackling and put 3 in central midfield, this makes fabregas concentrate more defensively. Took me 5 seasons to work this out and havent lost to them since.

Then the Fa cup.

i find this particularly ironic cos I am arsenal and just had a season full of man utd beating me!

including league away, league cup final, cl final

Archived