Feeder Club, Help!

Hello,

I have just brought Football Manager 2008 and have played on lots of manager games in the past. I was wandering, if say you wanted Liverpool to have Burnley as their feeder club, to train young players could you change this in editor. Please help as other websites haven't a clue:rolleyes:typical!:D

Yes you can. You need to search for your club (Liverpool) in the pre-game editor. Then click Affiliated Clubs (it comes up in the top left box). Then in that section, you can add your feeder club.

Just a note, as it confused me when I first tried it and it ended up messing everything up, Is Main Club means is the club you are arranging the affiliation through the parent club. So if you were making the link by editing Liverpool you would tick it but by editing Burnley you would not.

Just a note, as it confused me when I first tried it and it ended up messing everything up, Is Main Club means is the club you are arranging the affiliation through the parent club. So if you were making the link by editing Liverpool you would tick it but by editing Burnley you would not.

I can't answer your question, but I suggest you look at how the other affiliations have been set up. Have a look at the details of the affiliations of another of Liverpool's feeder clubs and see if Liverpool are listed there.

Yes i think so. "Is main club" essentially means "is parent club".

If you go to the editor and select Liverpool then in the affiliates section add burnley this would make Liverpool the parent club. Remember that if Liverpool & Burnley end up in the same division then the relationship would end.

I can't answer your question, but I suggest you look at how the other affiliations have been set up. Have a look at the details of the affiliations of another of Liverpool's feeder clubs and see if Liverpool are listed there.

Yeah, sorry, that wasn't a question - I confused everyone by starting it with Is. :D

If you go to the editor and select Liverpool then in the affiliates section add burnley this would make Liverpool the parent club. Remember that if Liverpool & Burnley end up in the same division then the relationship would end.

Not necessarily. It's up to the relative chairmen to judge when they end for this reason..

Not necessarily. It's up to the relative chairmen to judge when they end for this reason..

True, I had Cottbus as a feeder club in the Bundesliga and when they got promoted they remained as my feeder club. They didn't do me any favours though and beat me to thwart yet another attempt at making a new consecutive wins record.

Correct, Birmingham city had both chelse and Arsenal when they were in the prem in different seasons of course,all it means is the loan players cannot play agansit their own clubs but it's a great way for the Loan players to get Prem experience.

Archived