I'll always use "Set overall team talk" from now on.

A funny (imo) little story. Pre game teamtalk, I used the Set overall team talk feature and set it to "do it for the supporters" etc and clicked play.

I just got a glance at what it put on my star striker instead: "Expect a performance"

Horrified by this, I thought "Oh no, I bet he'll perform badly because of this..."

At the 33rd minute, he scored for the fifth time. (He also got a penalty late in the game)

Funny how a kickoff facepalm can turn into me whistling YNWA at the final whistle :)

Long story short: Dont be afraid to use Expect a performance to motivate your players, it really works!

A funny (imo) little story. Pre game teamtalk, I used the Set overall team talk feature and set it to "do it for the supporters" etc and clicked play.

I just got a glance at what it put on my star striker instead: "Expect a performance"

Horrified by this, I thought "Oh no, I bet he'll perform badly because of this..."

At the 33rd minute, he scored for the fifth time. (He also got a penalty late in the game)

Funny how a kickoff facepalm can turn into me whistling YNWA at the final whistle :)

Long story short: Dont be afraid to use Expect a performance to motivate your players, it really works!

Thanks for that tip, i often play it safe in big games and choose a more reserved option.

Archived