View Only Leagues

The league plays out fixtures and so clubs can be promoted and relegated, grow and fall and qualify for Europe and so on. It gives you a nice overview of the footballing world, without having to go into unneccesary detail of full if you arent bothered about the Mexican Second Division Reserves being accurate.

The league plays out fixtures and so clubs can be promoted and relegated, grow and fall and qualify for Europe and so on. It gives you a nice overview of the footballing world, without having to go into unneccesary detail of full if you arent bothered about the Mexican Second Division Reserves being accurate.

Thanks for that - I guess I mis-interpreted what I wanted to occur.

I wanted full squads without the option of managing in those leagues.

If you want leagues running for an overview of the FM world to get immersed but don't want an overly large database that will slow the game down => select view only.

If you want leagues running for an overview of the FM world to get immersed and want a large supply of newgens and as few grey players as possible within said leagues => select playable for each league selected.

That's the point. Some users want the the first one due to hardware constraints, others want the full experience of the second one because their hardware can handle it or because they're not fussed about the speed of the game.

EDIT: Apologies for repeating what you posted Oktober. You beat me to the punch and with a shorter better explanation :D

Where would loading all players from a selected country fit into this? Using Mexico as an example, if you selected view only and loaded all players from the database, would any more of those greyed out players become "real"? Also, what effect would loading all Mexican players and not having the Mexican league as playable or watchable have?

Where would loading all players from a selected country fit into this? Using Mexico as an example, if you selected view only and loaded all players from the database, would any more of those greyed out players become "real"? Also, what effect would loading all Mexican players and not having the Mexican league as playable or watchable have?

I think selecting the Mexico league as view only but loading all Mexico players would mean only the least well known foreign players in the league would not be loaded. Not having the Mexican league viewable but load all Mexican players would still mean that all Mexican players are loaded regardless of where they play. So in both cases Mexican clubs would have less greyed out players.

Archived