Staff wages & wage budget. Signing on fees & transfer budget.

At the moment there is no wage budget for staff nor are they included in the main wage budget. Is it the same in real life? Since I, the manager, am in control of hiring and sacking staff I'd imagine that I would have one overall budget or at least separate budget for staff members. At the moment staff compensations go from transfer budget, so it makes sense to include their wages in the wage budget also.

Also, it seems to me that in FM the signing on fees do not have any effect on your wage or transfer budget, I think they definetly should. Sometimes I offer maximum signing on fees to free agents to have a greater chance to get them. So, while the money does goes from club's bank balance, it doesn't have an effect on my transfer or wage budget.

Sign on fees are part of player contracts not transfer fees paid to their former club. Since most clubs don't allocate all their cash/balance on transfer kittys, there will be money to cover signing fees in the bank (i.e. clubs will have contract/signing fees in mind when setting the transfer funds I presume)

Therefore, the amount in salary options/sign on fee you can offer the player is outside the money earmarked for transfers. To subtract signon fees from the transfer funds doesn't make sense since the transfer funds don't dictate salaries at the club. This is why if you increase transfer funds, the wage limit decreases. The club is banking on the fact you'll spend all the transfer funds and therefore need to limit the wage bill to thus limit the max sign on fee available.

What if I don't spend my transfer funds, what if I allocate all of them to wage budget and sign out of contract players and offer them idiotic sign on fees to get them? I think sign on fees should go from the transfer/wage budget, if you don't have any money left in transfer budget, then it would recalculate it to wages and take it from the wage budget, in a similar way to how it increases you transfer budget if you don't have sufficent funds to complete a transfer, but do have mony left in you wage budget.

Also, another problem, I can offer contracts to unlimited amount of free agents and then sign all of them who accept, that meaning my wage budget goes through the roof, but my board don't care until after I have signed all of them. Would never happen in real life.

Eh, if only SI would agree with that. In 8.0.2 they made it even worse. If you play with low rep teams it means you wont be able to replace the coaches since the game thinks that you should only have 3 while in real life they have 10+ if you count the youth coaches. Ridiculous if you ask me.

if there is going to be limits it should be to each type of staff. for example can only have 3 youth coache, 1 fitness coach 1 goalkeeping coach. not 3 in total that is so not like real life.

There are no limits in real life except for available cash and some common sense. If we have tons of money we should be able to hire tons of coaches. The game shouldnt artificially force us to have only 3 coaches while those clubs in real life have 10+ and have only a fraction of the money that we have in the game.

Archived