Transfers to high?

Hi, sorry if my english is bad.

Are there other then me who is pretty tired of some of the transfers in FM? Some of the transfers is so unrealistic.

I once tried to buy A. Isaksson from Lazio. Lazio got his for free, and didn't use him for 2 seasons, his value was £2 mil., and when i asked how much thay wanted, and they told me that they wanted £23,5 mil.

There is a lot of exampels like that. Is that a issue that is going to fixed?

Sorry if I posted this the wrong place.

This is a well known and well discussed issue. There are definitely some strange transfers occurring and some strange prices being quoted. However I think it's also because there is too much money available to teams in the game tbh.

I'm hopeful this is one of the things that will be improved for FM09.

Yea, a well known issue. I'd be very dissapointed if it wasn't fixed for 09.

Prices are absolutely ridiculous..as real madrid,they ask for 250+ million euro for fernando torres,bendtner,etc.,and that is at the start of the game.I can only buy silva by paying his release clause of 118 mil,which i do.Pato is about 190 mil euro to buy,ibrahimovic..about 300 mil..list goes on..and it's always this way..in what alternate universe is this ever this way,when in reality,the astronomical numbers are 40-60 mil euros.

Buying adebayor?250+ mil euro in the game..In reality,wenger could sell him for 35 mil euro as has been stated recently,and that's considered a very good price by most.It's totally crap,the transfer system has been crap for a veeery long time..the only times i remember the prices being reasonable was as far as when figo & co. played for real madrid,and the chairmen that would blow your transfer budget existed..if it was possible for the transfers to be good then,no idea why this problem surged again.

Prices are absolutely ridiculous..as real madrid,they ask for 250+ million euro for fernando torres,bendtner,etc.,and that is at the start of the game.I can only buy silva by paying his release clause of 118 mil,which i do.Pato is about 190 mil euro to buy,ibrahimovic..about 300 mil..list goes on..and it's always this way..in what alternate universe is this ever this way,when in reality,the astronomical numbers are 40-60 mil euros.

Buying adebayor?250+ mil euro in the game..In reality,wenger could sell him for 35 mil euro as has been stated recently,and that's considered a very good price by most.It's totally crap,the transfer system has been crap for a veeery long time..the only times i remember the prices being reasonable was as far as when figo & co. played for real madrid,and the chairmen that would blow your transfer budget existed..if it was possible for the transfers to be good then,no idea why this problem surged again.

The whole problem with the transfer system is that the AI teams do not take certain factors into consideration. The main factors that should decide a players transfer are importance to their current team or potential of the player, financial status of their current club and players wishes. However, at the moment only the importance to current club are really considered in FM. All of these factors should work together to determine a players price, rather than working individually.

If we look at each factor individually then we can see problems on how the game interprets each of them. Firstly take importance to the team. Now we get given 6 different descriptions for a player, from decent player up to indispensible player. The problem lies in how the AI views their values relating to their squad status. The value given for a squad rotation player should be the value you pay, with slight increases as you go up to Important first teamer and Indispensible getting a bigger raise. This is how it works in real life, if you take Man u for example. The value for Fletcher is around 5 or 6m, which I would regard to be a fair price as he can be easily replaced. Take Ronaldo or Rooney, who I would value around 30m to 40m, and you see a dramatic increase in price quoted to around 60 to 80m, depending on which paper you read. However, in the game you can't buy anyone for around their actual value unless they are transfer listed or a back up player. The teams should be more willing to accept transfers for these players.

Another problem also is how many players are considered Indispensible and Important first teamers. Most teams have one indispensible (maybe 2) and 3 or 4 first teamers. In FM that just isnt the case. Look at Liverpool, IRL they have Gerrard and Torres as Indispensible, with Carrragher, Mascherano and Reina as important first team players. Now take over as Liverpool manager in FM and see how the previous regime rated them.

I also feel that potential is far too highly regarded in FM. Take Nasri, for example, who moved to Arsenal for around 14m (rough guess ;)). In FM it takes offers in excess of 30m to get him away from Marseille. This is the same for an awful lot of youngsters in FM, like Ben Arfa, Kroos etc.

Financial status of the club should also be a contributing factor. Take Roma for example. They are saddled with millions of debt and have just been forced to sell Mancini, arguably their best player, for 8m. Now in FM that would never happen. Many times you would see a club financially struggling, yet they would not accept any reasonable bid one of their players. Go into FM and choose a club struggling financially and bid for their best player. Bet you don't get it accepted.

Another major factor is player wishes. Look at Hleb leaving Arsenal, because he wanted to. He was excellent last season, and would never have been sold if he hadnt wanted to leave. Now also consider his price, which was not as excessive in FM. There are hardly any situations in FM where a player gets to move because he wants the move rather the club wants to sell. IRL the vast majority of the transfer market is player driven, yet in FM it never happens. Admittedly some clubs drive a hard bargain, as they should when the player wanting to move is indispensible, but you only see the astronomic prices when indispensible players move from top teams to top teams, a la Ronaldo to Madrid, barry to Liverpool, etc. Now Man U and Villa would not even consider selling unless the players really were making noises to move.

To be honest the transfer market is just unrealistic, and I even havent mentioned the horrid negoatiation, lack of agents, or tapping up. I doubt it will get sorted for fm09, as its been this way since fm05, and I for one will not be buying another FM till it is sorted, as it is integral to the game.

Another thing that bugs me is the ridiculous offers the AI make for your players. During my games what i sometimes like to do is start up with a made up team, but have a team full of 17 year old superstars. Now i have one guy who is rated best in the game ability wise and is aged 17. His value for me, at Chester, is 325k. I have stupid offers of 300k for his services. Now why do we have to pay ridiculous amounts if we want to sign a star player, yet the AI thinks it can may less than his named value?

Oh and another thing that really ****es me off is the stating an Asking Price. For the player above I stated an asking price of 2.5m. Now firstly given that I have stated an asking price, why do I still receive enquiries about him? The AI know my price, so why ask how much I want? And secondly why bid 300k, if they know i want 2.5m? Its so absurd that it is almost funny!

Archived