Appologies for such a newbie question...

When looking at feeder clubs I know that there is one option for work permits, obviously to send players who require work permits there to grant nationality and play. However from what I can remember, every time I try and sign a player from a difficult country, I can't bring him in in the first place, let alone sign him and then send him to a w/p affiliate.

Any wisdom to help me get my head round this?

You need to firstly aquire a feeder team that allows you to bring a non EU player into your team and then send him there on loan. If you dont have a feeder team with this option you will get an option to appeal, then after appeal if he is still not given a conditional british work permit he wont be allowed to join.

Generally you need to be a premiership team or championship team with a good reputation in order to get a feeder team that allows you to send non EU players on loan.

When you have one, after a rejected appeal, you will get the message "..........'s appeal for a work permit has been turned down.

You will have to loan this player out to an affiliated team until he is granted a work permit,

Do you want to proceed?"

How do we find out if a feeder team would be able to sign a non-eu player?

When you're given a list of choices, their benefits will be spelt out.

If you do have the right feeder club, your player will be refused a work permit and you appeal.

The response will be that he's been refused a permit to play for you but he can be loaned out.

you click okay, and sent him to your feeder club. You have to manouevre within the loan transfer window.

if they are located in belgium or poland basically

Spain is also very good especially if your trying to get South Americans as the wait will only be 2 years. One thing you have to remember though is that a player may not decide to take a second nationality and there is no way to force them to. I personally think that this makes this part of the game pointless. I think it would be a good idea in FM2009 if you could try and persuade the player to take up a second nationality as it would be in their interests to do so.

Archived