Corner Bug (again...) Prevention

Hi,

I KNOW the corner bug issue has been done to death but I'd just like to clarify one thing-

is there one KEY selection that triggers it so I can avoid using it? Is an 'all or nothing' thing or is there a grey area eg is it the balls into the 6 yard box that triggers it, so that if i set it to mixed instead but had all the other 'bug settings' in place (challenge keepers etc) would it not occur (ie a normal number of goals from corners), or would it just occur to a lesser extent?

I mean I like fiddling around with the tactics at corners but I'd rather not use the actual cheat itself. This is one point that has really stopped me from getting into the game.

Thanks

I'm with you. I decided to avoid the exploit so I simply avoid the 'challenge goalkeeper' option. I have my DC's go up, near-post flick and attack near post and far post, others forward, lurking and coming deep. My penalties go into the penalty box. This season I got 7 goals from corners - half the highest team in my division, and I reckon about half of what I conceded from corners. All in all, it seemed realistic to me. So, to clarify, just avoid putting someone on 'challenge goalkeeper'.

To make it work really well you need a DC and corner taker with the right high attributes, otherwise its normal.

If it is a bug I would prefer it removed as Richards (Man City) scored a hat trick against my Oxford team in FA Cup, however maybe it would happen IRL.

Its not necessary to completely avoid the "Challenge GK" option to stay clear of the Corner Bug .. a big component of it seems to be "Not giving the taker any other options", so that every ball in is directed to the mismatched player.

If you go with:

- Challenge GK

- Near Post Flick

- Stand on Far Post

- Attack Near Post

- Attack Far Post

- Outside Area

- Stay Back

- Stay Back

- Back if Needed

- (GK)

- (Corner taker)

And set the corners on "Mixed", you get a pretty realistic run, with goals from each of the first four, but never an overwhelming number from any one player, and plenty of corners that don't develop into anything.

(Incidentally, late in the game, I switch it up, adding a third "Stay Back" and a second "Back if Needed", so that I never get overwhelmed on the counter.)

Archived