Boring League!

I am in 2018/2019 season with Atletico Madrid on 8.0.2. The game itself is still exciting, lots of money, competition is still fierce etc. But the league is so boring! There is no prize money for winning the title which means my bank balance stays at a mediocre £70M which is only so high because I haven't made any major signings lately. How do I make more money?

Also what I find is that newer game features are pointless! Players are never offered to me (i used to think that this was because i was already a successful club, but aren't players offered to every club anyway?). There hasn't been a single board takeover, nobody has a new stadium (sure this is a myth), the board refuse to expand the stadium even though every game is a sell out, and I have never been offered a job at another club (never even been tipped to fill a vacancy).

Is this just what happens in the spanish league because I may as well be playing on an older version if the newer features just aren't taking effect. Anyone else had similar problems?

Other than that, I love the game! :D

I would love a new stadium, especially if it was named after me! :D

I've got the stadium up to 76,000 but i only manage to sell 40,000 season tickets, which is plentiful, but surely could be more? I have an average attendance of 74,000 but they still refuse to expand! I can understand the council putting a block on planning permission but this isn't even the case!

Its really not for some reason! I make £20M a season off gate receipts, which i'm sure is good, but as this is the only income at my club, this is spent on a couple of players at the end of the season! That why it's so frustrating at not having prize money in La Liga!

You can get a new stadium, have patience. You may need to save up for a few years - as in don't blow all your transfer budget. You should look at your outgoings and see if any savings can be made, especially signing-on fees and wage budget. Wage control is the key to finance in FM, it really is.

Big leagues are boring as hell even when you start as a LLM , on the other hand Bulgarian , Norwegian (and other leagues of reputation between 7 and 12 ) are very exciting since you should constantly look for new players try to get some reputation by playing few games in Europe and dig deep into unknown places to find cheap talents .

Archived