My Amazing Striker (Only against Celtic)

I love it when people suggest that FMM has been used, but if you really have sued it before, and used the fitness edit at the same time, you would have known that the fitness at the end of the game for the edited player is at a crazy level...something which is not reflected on the screenies above.

Honestly, this happens everytime when someone posts an anecodote (please screenshots) similar to the op. People get riled up pretty easily.

• 3 months later...

Hey hey playing a game with my fav team Hearts.

First off im not cheating and I have not tampered with the Celtic team. Celtic are also my main rivals for the league having won it around ten times on the trot before I won it the last three times in a row. Which takes us up to this season 2014.

Im doing ok. I play a 4-2-3-1 formation and go pretty attacking hoping to score more goals than the other team. But my chairman sold my DR Ansaldi to Barca, DC Jordan Spence to Man Utd after id sold my aging left back who was pretty good but I don't like players over 30. So my defence got mullared in one pre season. And its been a bit shakey. Im top but lost to Gretna 4-3 and Dumfermline 1-0 with their terrible squads.

Here is where the story gets wierd. I usually scrape past Celtic and Rangers or get beat 4-3 or 3-2 or whatever. Anyway it has always been a close call and tough game. Then my striker Neymar went crazy I beat Celtic 13-1 and he scored 8 goals! The second time I played them he scored 7 and we won 7-0 away from home! When it gets to 5-0 me I always think yes! As a life long hater of the old firm its sweet to pump them good but something seems wrong. If you take away these two games Neymar has scored about 15 goals in 18 games which is reasonable and he is by no means an unstoppable forward in other games. But for sure when Celtic come to town he will be starting.

Anyway thats my story here is the screenshots.

regards

Captainoamerica

Use URL HERE for screenies after uploading them to somewhere like imageshack.

15 goals in 18 games WITHOUT those two Celtics games? I'd say that IS pretty unstoppable, not many strikers can boast that!

Its wierd, but they could just be 'one of those games'. I mean the ones, where everything seems to go in. I recently played Chelsea and beat them 6-1, we didn't even dominate. It just happened that everything we fired at goal went in.

If you play a lone striker against Chelsea, you thrash them. Tevez scored 4 goals for me, all of them from when he just ran through holes in their defence

Heh, I noticed this too! Everytime I played them it was a silly scoreline like 7-3, 6-1, 5-5 etc... looking at the match stats I could have up to 30 shots on target, at least half of them would be clear one-on-ones as well. If I didn't have such a useless striker and Chelsea didn't have such a good keeper then I would be laughing. But I have noticed it happened much less since Mr. Grant was fired... must be his tactics!

My guess would be that the old firm still see you as a 'smaller' team (i.e. your rep hasn't improved as much as it should) and play open attacking football against you. But you're players are better than the AI rates your team so you rip them apart.

Ok got pics now. Its is pretty bizarre but I agree its probably the AI going wierd for some reason. If you take his goals against Celtic away he only has 17 goals in 21 (8) appearances. Which is impressive yes and im quite pleased with that but the thing is he is far from outstanding against anyone except Celtic. Its just odd. My whole game upto 2014 I have always been worried about playing Celtic but this season things just got silly. Not that im complaining.

Anyway thats my little story. 21 goals in three games against your main title rivals is just silly.

Acceleration + pace + two footed is pretty deadly in a striker then. Despite knowing about the importance of two footedness I still can't shake my old habits, especially when it's a panic buy. I would have looked at him and said no thanks based on 14/14 for Finishing/Technique (assuming I was Hearts looking to compete for the Champions League).

Any chance of a pkm for the 13-1 match? Click the save button on the left of the fixture, saves the file to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\matches, then upload to somewhere like rapidshare.com or megaupload.com.

EDIT: Did Celtic recently change manager?

Not everybody cheats like you. Like I said I use x64 processor and if you ever have the misfortune to use one you might find that almost every program has problems. Even if I wanted to use fmm the chances are it would not work as I find small programs made by amatuers dont work.

That aside I would not have played until 2014 and only won three league titles if I was cheating. Hell if I wanted to cheat I would have edited all my players and just won 20-0 each match and sat with the undignified glory of empty hollowness. Now im not saying I have not cheated before. I myself have reaped the anti-rewards of saving and restarting to win tough games in the past, not on this edition and ill go on to tell you why. If I do get to a CL final and get pumped 10-0 by Barca I can sit quite happy with my head in my hands and think ach well so close but no cigar. Ill buy a new left back and should be better next year. I can bask in the subdued glory of just reaching the final and trying to go one better the next time. Some can't. But if I find that im winning too easily ill either resign or start a new game. I play FM for a challenge and cheating is not a challenge is just a waste of time.

And another thing I have played Football (Champ) Manager since 1992. I had an amiga 500 with a massive half meg memory upgrade lumped on the back of it.... (an Amiga 500 is an old comp young pup). I have tried to buy Des Walker from Sampdoria back in the days you couldn't even buy foriegn players if you managed to work out how too. Ive managed Man U to league titles with Bryan Robson as captain and Brian McClair as my main striker. Ive managed some random lower league team (Tranmere) I think under the name of Mr Bulgaria. As the old timers will know gave you a starting balance of an incredicle at the time 50mill. Ive even reached no.1 in my gamer world on FM Live (Captainoamerica FC not loggged in for months so might not be active anymore) before slowly losing interest. So Ive got 16 years playing this fine stable of titles games ive probably seen more missed release dates than you have years on this earth concerning Champ/FManager. I have played this game longer than most football pro's careers last.

So to have someone like you come in here and accuse me of cheating is insulting. Like I said I have cheated but I find after cheating the game goes stale quicker than milk in the sun. I play the game for what it is and if you get your head out of fmm and other programs you might just find you get a sense of achievment out of it. And besides im the biggest anti cheat preacher all my friends that cheat one way or the other and I tell them the exact same. As soon as Olly comes up with a rolling auto save during games so if you quit out at 2-0 down at 70 mins... it loads up to the same point ill be a happy bunny. It will at least give the cheaters a fair crack at have some real and deserved enjoyment from what is truly a modern masterpiece.

Too all those that like editing to play how they want that is fine... if you want to cheat that is fine... if you want to add yourself to be the best player in the world that is fine... accusing me of cheating that is not fine... that aint me babe.

Peace out

I really doubt that you cheated as you seem like a sensible lad and , personally, i hate cheats, they come on here bragging about their "achievements" when really, the only achievements that they have achieved are those of open and closing editing programs.

That striker, "Neymar", looks like he shouldn't be scoring that many goals in those games but i would most likely put it down to the AI and a Bug.

Well said that person obviously has no idea about FM at all. Its good to see you having success the truth is its very strange to see. I must admit i am a bit jealous of your success well done.

I think its good to see strange things happening in FM, I have struggled to beat Arsenal no matter what team I am and recently I have been "training" my girlfriend how to play(trying to convert her from the horror that is LMA Manager and succeeding so far)So she starts only her 3rd game ever as Birmingham and some how has beaten Arsenal 6-0 away, 5-1 at home, knocked them out of the UEFA over two legs and constantly beat them in the league. It seems everything went right just like it has for you.

This Neymar scoring is similar to when I had Daryl Murphy at Crewe it may only be league one but his goals to games ratio was about the same as Neymar is for you.

Good to see your success, what patch are you using because on the game unpatched there was a concern about weird score lines happening.

Wish I could get my misses to play FM might shut her up for more than 10 mins. Im fully patched up .02 I think or at least the last update possible. I could not even play the game out of the box due to those errors messages after a season or so.

I take scouting quite serious and only buy players with massive potential im a bit of a youth policy man but my team has come into money so I have a few big purchases in the team.... Sagadin 7mill, Veloso 15mill, Duplus 3.5mill, Celsinho 3mill, Carioca 5mill the rest of the team are cheapies that have developed into top players. Neymar cost me 60k and I bought him when he was 16 (has another nationality) but I got him a few years later after he turned 18. And loaned him to some pretty big clubs for three whole season before my last striker Kleber who was a thirty goal a year man got to age 32 and I had to pull the plug on that one.

But what I think is happening is the SPL is not a great league by anyones standards. I struggle to second places ahead of Rangers the first few years and now im winning the league. But I think the old firms manager and teams are getting old and gradually starting to get worse whilst my squad of 80-100 young players is slowly getting better and better each year. Ive been spending most of my budget on 20-30 young players per year and having mass clear outs of players that are not making the grade. I have made a lot of money selling them for free with 50 percent of the next sale tagged on. I must have over 100, 50 percents due to me and each pre season nets me a few million which is nice. I also have Luis Carlos at Bayern sitting on a 25mill 50 percent when he hopefully gets sold.

Anyway... the long and short im getting better and they are getting worse and this season it must have just been highlighted in a big way this season. The odd thing is the next game versus Gretna... Neymar might play a six rating and not have a sniff all afternoon :(

Thats a good way to generate money by buying so many players and adding sell on fees. I was going to ask how you made so much money thats a great business idea might have to try it in my next game.

Yeah thats just the in game date. I took two pictures at once (from the fixtures page) and made the thread and then low-and-behold it happened again a motnh later the next time I played them so I put the 6-0 up aswell. When it happened a third time I really figured I had to put pics up and went and registered at a photo sharing website.

Even if I wanted to use fmm the chances are it would not work as I find small programs made by amatuers dont work.

Peace out

What a big load of poo

Trainers always work when the game version is right .

I never said that cheating is bad or anything but getting all cocky and posting pics of edited games is too much.

*If he did the fitness cheat then striker's fitness at the end of the much would be 15 or something , this is clearly position cheat.

This is definately fishy, I think there has been some dodgy dealings.

Look at the Celtic - Hearts matches, the AI Celtic team made all there subs in the 45min in one match and in the next 2 in 45th and 1 in 46th

I have tested for SI on a number of occasions and I have never seen the AI make all 3 subs at half time. I congratulate you if it is legitimate and I am not saying you have cheated, but too many don't add up for me, I am sceptical

Its 100 hundred percentage bonafide if I was 'at it' I would not be here telling my story to see if anyone else has had the same sort of thing happen.

Short of posting up Tommy Burns profile to show that he has and still is the manager of Celtic for about two season or so. And posting up the Celtic squad to show that there appearances and players are a consistant first team I don't know how to prove otherwise.

Infact I might go do that.

Fair do's, The Tommy Burns profile confirms it I suppose.

Well done, and sorry for suggesting otherwise.

I still find it odd with the subs though, I have spanked teams before as well and seen them make subs in the first half of games, just never 3 all at half time.

And for basically the same thing happening in the next game I found it a bit odd, but hats of to your sir

Archived