Problems with fm on vista

I had the same experience. I play in windowed mode and it actually said in the header that the program was not responding. I just left the program running and surfed the web for a while and it suddenly started working again after it had loaded the database.

It took some time tho even when i only had 3 nations and a total of 6 leagues selected.

The folders are correct. The folder in documents is for your downloaded or saved tactics,training's and shortlists etc..

"Quick tip"

Open up your vista game folder and left click and hold on the FM 2008 icon. Now drag the icon to the desktop and release the mouse button to get a shortcut.

Also should i be able to run 14 leagues and a huge database on this spec pc, core 2 duo 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hard drive?

Should be able to run but it will be a little slow after 5 to 8 seasons, but if you are using a 64 bit OS Vista, try to go for 4 GB of RAM. Adding 2 more GB is quite cheap (at least for DDR2 Memory) and there will be a considerable performance boost.

Your db should be in My Documents/Sports Interactive/db.

As to whether it will run with that set up, you shouldn't have many problems with that setup. I can't be 100% sure though. Also I'd try large db insstead of huge.

Archived