Send offs

Im currently playing as Sheffield Wednesday, I'm in the Prem doing very well, currently 7 points clear at the top of the table. The only player I have from the current Owls team (IRL) is Marcus Tudgay, who is 30. He went out of contract last summer but no one showed any interest and because I love the guy (in game he has become a Wednesday legend) so I gave him a two year contract with no intention to play him apart from in the odd easy game. He's been fine with this for the last two seasons but now is worried about the lack of first team football, understandably. Thing is, I don't want him to leave the club but I know I'm going to have to.

What I want is the ability to give the player a send off. When I let him leave when his contract is up, I want to tell the footballing world what an amazing influence he has had for his club over his 9 years at Wednesday. I also want to say how much the club will miss a player with his personality and what a shame it is that I have to let him go.

You get the idea.

I'd love to do that but he has, probably another 4 or 5 years in the game and he's already wanting more first team football. I don't want to keep him just for the sake of it. Hopefully, if he becomes a coach in the future, I can sign him then.

I know there isn't anything else and thats what I'm getting at. Testimonials would be great but I'd also be happy with a sort of press conference where you can say these things :)

I've actually got a small way around this now. I still have Tudgay but I've loaned him out to one of my CCC feeder clubs for the season. So, he shouldn't get unhappy but I can still keep him at my club. The only problem may arise when I have to renew his contract again.

Im currently playing as Sheffield Wednesday, I'm in the Prem doing very well, currently 7 points clear at the top of the table. The only player I have from the current Owls team (IRL) is Marcus Tudgay, who is 30. He went out of contract last summer but no one showed any interest and because I love the guy (in game he has become a Wednesday legend) so I gave him a two year contract with no intention to play him apart from in the odd easy game. He's been fine with this for the last two seasons but now is worried about the lack of first team football, understandably. Thing is, I don't want him to leave the club but I know I'm going to have to.

What's his squad status set to? If you set it to rotation or even backup then play him in the cup games, league games against the easier teams as you are currently doing and european games where his experience would be invaluable then he should be a lot happier and will probably accept another contract. Imo 30 isnt that old so the option to offer him a player\coach role probably won't be available to you.

He's already backup. Hes about to hit 32 so, I can perhaps hold out for another season and see if he retires. I don't really want to play him, even against easier teams because I have alot of youngsters coming through and I'd prefer to play them instead. He seems happy enough with the loan though ;)

i think you should be able to offer a testimonal match after 9/10 years service. and you should be able to send them to get thier coaching badges when their near the end of the career.

i think you should be able to offer a testimonal match after 9/10 years service. and you should be able to send them to get thier coaching badges when their near the end of the career.

I dont think you will ever be able to force a player that's near the end of his playing days to take his coaching badges. Some players will simply not want to remain in the game after they hang up their boots. I do agree though that you should be able to suggest that they consider taking them though and I also like the idea of testimonials.

Archived