Joey Barton

tbh i hope he gets banned from football all together

assault of a team mate

stubbing a cigar in the eye of a youth player

savage beating at new year .....

disgraceful

True, he really is just a thug, however if he can stay out of trouble he is actually an alright player. However I agree that he has had enough chances to sort himself out and maybe being banned for 2 years or something will make him miss the money enough to grow up a bit.

In regards to FM, I think in order to be as realistic as possible he should be unavailble until october or something.

yeah i agree. i hate the squealing runt. should be took out into the middle of st james park and publically hung. i would come from cornwall to watch that for 10 minutes

One of the funniest things I ever saw was at Elland Road: off the ball, game stopped, Roy Keane aims a kick at Alfie Haaland's knee, so hard that when he misses his standing foot is stuck in the mud and he ruptures his own knee ligaments. The irony. Assualting a fellow player with a move that could end his career, and he sends himself out for 9 months or so. Normally, I hate seeing injuries, but this was apt karma.

Roy Keane was a thug in his playing days, but when he got older he matured and became a positive influence in football.

Barton may or may not calm down and realise he has the best job in the world -- but it's not reason to throw him out completely.

Roy Keane was never as bad as Joey Baton is now.

Yes of course Keane did some bad things in his time like the kick of the Manchester City player. But Joey Barton has gone too far. His list of criminal activities is growing off the pitch at such a rate. Jail for six months.... Appauling more like a year!

Joey Barton to be out of Football all together!

Roy Keane was never as bad as Joey Baton is now.

Yes of course Keane did some bad things in his time like the kick of the Manchester City player. But Joey Barton has gone too far. His list of criminal activities is growing off the pitch at such a rate. Jail for six months.... Appauling more like a year!

Joey Barton to be out of Football all together!

I agree.

Whilst influential players like Keane and Cantona did have blips, such as the scissor kick and raised foot tackle on 'Was it Haaland'? None of them were sent to prison. And, they were one off events. Though keane may have been verbally aggresive, he never beat a teammate up, attacked some random person in town and did someone mention somewhere about stubbing a kid in the eye with a cigarette?

Utter disgrace Barton is.

I agree.

Whilst influential players like Keane and Cantona did have blips, such as the scissor kick and raised foot tackle on 'Was it Haaland'? None of them were sent to prison. And, they were one off events. Though keane may have been verbally aggresive, he never beat a teammate up, attacked some random person in town and did someone mention somewhere about stubbing a kid in the eye with a cigarette?

Utter disgrace Barton is.

Having said that, if he had said at the time what he later admitted in his book I don't doubt he would have been charged with assault (Keane that is)

"I'd waited long enough. I f*cking hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you ****. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries."

- Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle, quoted in my book, Keane - the Autobiography

"I'd waited long enough. I f*cking hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you ****. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries."

- Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle, quoted in my book, Keane - the Autobiography

Ironically of course what he is talking about there is when haaland stood over him telling him to get up from what he thought was a fake injury. Thing is, Keane injured himself attempting to injure Haaland but his foot got caught in the turf and he damaged his ligaments.

He has also been arrested several times but no charges brought, and thrown out of several nightclubs also - frankly he is every bit as much a thug as barton

Whats the story with the two Brazilian brothers in Man United's youth team who have a global ban?

I'd never noticed these two.

If this is the case then why cant you do likewise and have a 16 year old Brazilian training in your youth team rather than playing for Botafogo?

Archived