Do the International seedings change?

(Note that I'm playing FM 2007, if this was a problem it may or may not have been addressed in 2008)

I'm currently playing an International-only game* and in the year 2018. In the draw for the 2020 Euro Championship Qualifying groups I noticed the seedings still didn't look quite right. The Czech Rep. and (I think) Portugal were both top seeds, but both have been poor. Czech Rep. finished bottom of their last Qual. group with 5 points, which is only a little worse than before, and Portugal haven't qualified for anything I don't think, and lost to Luxembourg!

Meanwhile Wales and Rep. Ireland, who had strong showings in International competition when they qualified, are second-from-bottom seeds.

The seedings wouldn't look out of place in 2007.

So do they actually change?

*I recommend it btw. Load up all the players from the average to smaller nations and one small league, you can even manage quite a few big nations still without loading the players/leagues. Speed-wise it's still faster than loading up 10 or so leagues.

No, I'm afraid not. It's been a real problem for those in the San Marino Challenge, etc. where they have to manage a small nation to World Cup glory. They're seeded bottom and odds do not change, so they'll always be seen by bookies as whipping dogs. However, that doesn't mean the nation won't do well, it's just a cosmetic problem, other than the fact that San Marino would still be being drawn against France, Germany, Italy... - so, no, neither they nor odds change unfortunately.

Archived