What's the quickest way to find out who's out of contract?

I don't mean from your own club, but from other clubs.

At the moment I simply look on the "find player" thing and use the expiring/expired contract filter in the search. Just wondered if there was a way you could find a list of all the players who were available to "approach to sign" because I could be missing out on a free gem.

Well it depends on your clubs scouting knowledge in terms of the amount of players you will find and player search is the quickest method of finding a large amount of 'specified' players.

A lot of them do have a club though, but are running out of contract. For example when I signed Pitman, I noticed him on the top scorers chart, had a look at him and it said "approach to sign", which I did.

Hopefully him and Stuart Beavon will fire the goals in this season. Along with someone called Michael Paton who my ass man insists is a quality player, and only cost £5,000.

Not all that much use though is it? You get staff and all sorts of dregs included and you have to click on each one individually to see if they are infact a player and are infact remotely close to the level you are playing at rather than your local pub team.

i tend to find that all the youth players are at the bottom of the list. they're also grouped in nationality. (you can basically work it out by their names)

the list also tells you whether they are a player or a scout/manager etc and also their age and postiion without having to click through.

i only look for youth players this way. and in all honesty if your looking for older players who are at your teams level then you'd find these players in the normal search function.

the 'no club' way lets you see the youth players that your scouts wouldn't know about, thus they wouldn't show in the normal search screen.

Archived