At what age should youngsters go out on loan?

Should my youngsters go out on loan already at 18-19 to get some first team action, or should they stay in my reserve team with my training schedule of awesomeness and then get first team action at the age of 22-23?

Any input would be nice :)

Get them out on loan now. I bought a young player when he was 17 and didn't see any increase in him at all. I loaned him out just before his 19th birthday and he came back a different player. He looks really good now. I have no doubt that 1st football was the reason. I try to get them loaned out as soon as possible, if the club promises he will get football.

If you are a top club and have great training facilities, I would keep them around in the reserves until their technical attributes start to level off. If you are trying to develop skills then why send them to another club with an inferior teaching staff? Once their tech attributes are maxed I send them out for first team to have their mental attributes increase. It seems to work for me.

I have different regimes for different players, taking in certain factors, but mostly, I loan them out for 3 seasons from aged 17. Season 1 to a non-league club where they can ply their trade and build confidence. Season 2 to a lower league club where they can get used to some intense football, and experience some tough situations. Season 3 they will be on the loan list, and the better offers get them, (unless I have a feeder club directly below my league status). So that they experience the "real world"

How can you make a club promise a reasonable amount games for your player?

When they ask to loan a player they will tell you his squad status ie Valuable member of the team. You cant make them promise but I always so no they they only offer for my player to be cover.

If you are trying to develop skills then why send them to another club with an inferior teaching staff?

Because 1st team football is much more important in their development (IMO, anyway).

I always send them out at about 17-18 for a coupla years, more often than not the 1st team experience they get playin for another team does them the world of good, it can backfire, a few times I've had real promising players come back from loan in pieces because the real world was a little too rough for them, but if they can handle the experience of playing for a lesser team, it's always worth sending them out as soon as they old enough to settle into a 1st team

I loan them out as soon as possible. 1st team experience increases a player's ability much more effectively than having them play on your reserve team and the few first team appearances they will get with you.

U-17 players are tutored

U20 players are loaned

If a player is outside of the top three on my depth chart by the time he is 22 and I don't need him for homegrown regulations, I sell him or the oldest player that I have at that position, if the age difference is substantial.

If at a big club, try 6month loans and 6months of in-house training. This way they get the best of both worlds. Wait till they are at least 18, any younger and you ruin chances of rapid development. Also don't loan out for more than two FULL season as the player will become acclimatised to the loan and may want a move away from your club soon after. After all, you'd hate to lose a fledgling Wonder kid after a loan!

Should my youngsters go out on loan already at 18-19 to get some first team action, or should they stay in my reserve team with my training schedule of awesomeness and then get first team action at the age of 22-23?

Any input would be nice :)

loan them out but make sure that you look at the quilty of players they have to see if he will get a game.there no point in loaning him out if he does not get played.loan them out from 16 to 20 then see how they devolp.

If at a big club, try 6month loans and 6months of in-house training. This way they get the best of both worlds. Wait till they are at least 18, any younger and you ruin chances of rapid development. Also don't loan out for more than two FULL season as the player will become acclimatised to the loan and may want a move away from your club soon after. After all, you'd hate to lose a fledgling Wonder kid after a loan!

Agree broadly with this. I find 19-21 is the best age generally for loaning.

i play as liverpool in the prem.

i will send them out to 1st div clubs as young as possible (they stay at my club for the first year of their contract) but only until their 18 and a half years old.

after that if they can't get into a champinoship club or a fellow prem club or equivalent then they wont go out on loan.

so genrally if a plyaer comes from my youth team as a 16 year old. i'll wait till hes 17 and then loan him out to a div 1 team. when he's 18 he'll probably get to a champinoship team. and then at 19 it depends if he can get in the prem or another champinoship team.

I have about 80 players in my squad it has been as high as 100 players. I regular loan out all my players except my core 20 first team squad. Any long term injuries or whatever I just recall one of my loan players and he is hyped up and ready to go.

On top of my mass loaning to teams that say 'valuable member of the team' I took control of my feeder clubs. Spezia in Italy and Talavera in Spain. I sell all there players and customize a squad out of my young players.... pick the team and put them on holiday playing the team and formation I want. Spezia are 2nd in seria B and Talavera are 7th in Liga 1 now! All my players playing at Talavera are now worth between 2-5 million at Talavera and almost becoming bigger than my team! So im either going to get a massive dump of cash or some great players back. Needing a clear out now as about 40 players are all pretty top notch and just going to get upset at my club or too big to go out to my feeder clubs.

I have about 80 players in my squad it has been as high as 100 players. I regular loan out all my players except my core 20 first team squad. Any long term injuries or whatever I just recall one of my loan players and he is hyped up and ready to go.

On top of my mass loaning to teams that say 'valuable member of the team' I took control of my feeder clubs. Spezia in Italy and Talavera in Spain. I sell all there players and customize a squad out of my young players.... pick the team and put them on holiday playing the team and formation I want. Spezia are 2nd in seria B and Talavera are 7th in Liga 1 now! All my players playing at Talavera are now worth between 2-5 million at Talavera and almost becoming bigger than my team! So im either going to get a massive dump of cash or some great players back. Needing a clear out now as about 40 players are all pretty top notch and just going to get upset at my club or too big to go out to my feeder clubs.

my team is like yours except im playing barnet in fm2006 and i can only get about 10 players loaned out at a time and my players arent as good

i dont tend to loan players out to get their stats increasing WHILE out on loan. but i do find, and i'm sure i've also heard official things to back me up, that if your player stays in the reserves then they will increase a bit. but they will hit a wall. loaning your players out and getting them regularl football will allow them to start improving again or at a faster rate once they get bavck.

i dont tend to loan players out to get their stats increasing WHILE out on loan. but i do find, and i'm sure i've also heard official things to back me up, that if your player stays in the reserves then they will increase a bit. but they will hit a wall. loaning your players out and getting them regularl football will allow them to start improving again or at a faster rate once they get bavck.

That's interesting, I'll check it out.

So, maybe as soon as they graduate from the Under 18s, give them a season in the reserves, then loan them out, and alternate until they've shown enough promise for a few games in the first team?

Archived