Considering citizenship???

I'm playing in the Spanish league at the moment.

Mid way through October I bought a young Brazillian left back. What I niticed was he would be eligible for Spanish citizenship before the January transfer window opened and he joined my club so wouldn't count as a foreign player.

I'm now in mid April and he's still considering citizenship. I've sent him out on loan because I've already got 3 foreign players registered.

Is there anything I can do to hurry this along??

Will he ever accept dual nationality???

You can't suggest to a player to consider citizenship, you just need to wait and hope he accepts

And why can't we? "Accept citizenship and you're much more likely to get first-team football" should be an option.

this needs in to be changed in the next fm, 09! just something small like suggesting he should so he can play for you, or tell him unless he changes he will have to be sold.

I have been using FMM and am now in my 7th season. So far no problems but I can't guarantee you that it WILL NEVER cause problems in the future!

Right at my wits end with this now. My 3 foreign players are all considering citizenship but just won't take it. Having to send players out on loan that I want in my team.

I downloaded FMM but I can't see where to add a second nationality??

Can anybody please help???

seem to remember reading somewhere if ya offer them a new contarct, sometimes theytake the 2nd nationality when they accept that.. although i havent tried this myself...

i can't understand why players don't take the 2nd nationality, or even agree to go out on loan to a club to obtain the work permit in the first place.

i had 3 great 18yr old brazilians that i loaned to my spanish feeder club, they came back after playing a few games (just made the registration window), but the next season only 1 agreed to go back! it was ridiculous, i now had 2 19yr old players i couldn't use, they both ended up leaving me on a free and playing back in Brazil. the other became a very useful backup for a couple of seasons before the game crashed.

we need to be able to recomend the player takes the nationality for their own good, also from national managers saying you're guaranteed a call up in you become my country. this also should go for players who are pushing 30 and have delcared for nation, but have never received a call up, surely they would be open to a call up from their 2nd nationality? i.e. a 30yrd old brazilian would possibly consider playing for Australia if he hadn't got a chance with Brazil yet (and probably won't playing in the a-league). just a thought.

i can't understand why players don't take the 2nd nationality, or even agree to go out on loan to a club to obtain the work permit in the first place.

i had 3 great 18yr old brazilians that i loaned to my spanish feeder club, they came back after playing a few games (just made the registration window), but the next season only 1 agreed to go back! it was ridiculous, i now had 2 19yr old players i couldn't use, they both ended up leaving me on a free and playing back in Brazil. the other became a very useful backup for a couple of seasons before the game crashed.

we need to be able to recomend the player takes the nationality for their own good, also from national managers saying you're guaranteed a call up in you become my country. this also should go for players who are pushing 30 and have delcared for nation, but have never received a call up, surely they would be open to a call up from their 2nd nationality? i.e. a 30yrd old brazilian would possibly consider playing for Australia if he hadn't got a chance with Brazil yet (and probably won't playing in the a-league). just a thought.

Sounds like a good thought to me.

If you're declared for a nation then that's that and you can't just change your mind because when you hit thrity you haven't had an international call up. They have the choice not to declare themselves in the first place so on their head be it if they do and it doesn't work out.

I honestly don't think there should be an option to tell a player they should take citizenship, they should just take the citizenship immediately!! Why would a player consider citizenship for a year and not be able to play a single game because of work permit issues? It's stupid and IRL any player would take the citizenship immediately, they wouldn't need to be prompted by their manager.

I downloaded FMM but I can't see where to add a second nationality??

Can anybody please help???

Go to "relationships", and if there is something there, you can edit it to a second nationality. So, for example, he has a particular club as his favourite, or a particular nation as his favourite, then you can double click it, pick "other nationality" from the bottom box and then just pick a country you want them to have.

Simple really.

Of course if that sounds too complex for you, then using FMM find the country they are from, and edit it to have ECC Membership.

Work permits? We don't need no stinkin work permits...

VB

Go to "relationships", and if there is something there, you can edit it to a second nationality. So, for example, he has a particular club as his favourite, or a particular nation as his favourite, then you can double click it, pick "other nationality" from the bottom box and then just pick a country you want them to have.

Simple really.

Of course if that sounds too complex for you, then using FMM find the country they are from, and edit it to have ECC Membership.

VB

Cheers. WIll consider doing this if I have similar problems in future.

Simple really.

VB

I've found that when a player is Considering Citizenship, there will be a relationship in FMM called 'unknown'. You can edit this to give them the 2nd nationality

• 3 weeks later...
I think some countries do not allow people to have multiple passports, ie. you'd have to give up your current nationality for your new one.

Not sure how the game deals with this (if at all).

Yeah, Japan, South Korea, Germany (In some situations) all do this

To all the guys using FMM I have just one question. Exactly how do you get this programme to work with windows Vista? I have tried to use it with administration rights,windows xp compatibility mode and nothing works so any advice would be helpful.

"Join our country and i will pay you more to work"...hang on...isn't that called an imigrant??

:D:D:D

Probably but I suspect that the immigration rules that apply to normal everyday individuals don't apply to footballers.

To all the guys using FMM I have just one question. Exactly how do you get this programme to work with windows Vista? I have tried to use it with administration rights,windows xp compatibility mode and nothing works so any advice would be helpful.

I'm on Vista and if I just run FMM, it won't work, it gives me errors. What I do is right Click, and select Run as Administrator, and it works without any problems. If that doesn't work for you than I don't know what else the problem could be. Make sure you are using the latest version of FMM as well.

Archived